Rigby Guns

The last discussed Wilkins is still listed for sale at this time. Something wrong with it? Price to high?
 
Wow. Glad my double rifle escaped the dispute. According to a letter from the factory my Rigby double was manufactured for a 'Sir R. Harrington' in 1903 originally as a .450 3 1/4. It was then refurbished at the factory in the 1970's at which time it was also converted to .470 NE. Now, let the dispute between all participants continue.
I’m glad my Rigby in 275 Rigby has its certification letter showing it was built in 1956
 
I'm a long time lurker and of late have decided on a 470 double. I love the british old doubles looking at few that are on sale, and good condition. My budget is around 50 K and I'm in TX. Any advice suggestions would be great.
If you have not bought yet you will find no finer double for far less than your budget than @rookhawk 470 Heym DR with ALL the bells and whistles
 
The J&L Wilkins name was used by the late Chris Soyza to build rifles under. He made a few bolters as well as double rifles up to and including .700 NE.
 
Now that the John Rigby name is going to be put on rifles made in London, what becomes of the California Rigby Co? Are they the same or will there be a legal issue here with the use of the Rigby name?

Interesting. I have met Mark Neil a few times and had the pleasure to spend a full day with him, Mark really wanted to restore "Rigby" to its past time glory, I had 2 Rigbymausers we agreed to copy, A 400/350 and a .303. Mark had unfortunatly allied himself with conartist named Peter Nerving(now jailed). Mark passed away in 2010 due to throatcancer(too much smoking). The last conversation I had with Mark was in 2010 where we had talked about making a new Rigby cartridge. A 470Nitro that would be cut a slight shorter and given an rimless extractor rim so it could be used in a magnum Mauser action. The shoulders would also become lowered so we could remain the long caseneck of the .470Nitro. My days are over in regards to special projects, but often think Mark and if that cartridge would have been a success.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,983
Members
169,880
Latest member
LunaXофициальныйсайт
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top