Rifle Scope Combination Problem

In my opinion, the problem isn't your hardware, its your technique. What you're doing is suitable for small to medium actions and in particular pushfeed actions. Dangerous to use with magnum length, mauser style controlled feed actions. (remember, unlike a pushfeed, a controlled feed doesn't eject until the very end of the stroke). You should use a underhand grip and hence your thumb is nowhere near the bolt when extracting. Using a short action/pushfeed technique has two problems: One your thumb/fingers hit the scope/mount and two it makes short stroking highly likely especially under stress. The Fieldsports Channel have a video on proper technique as taught in the Southern Africa Wildlife College PH course. Give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the bolt back from Wayne. Very fast turn-around and Wayne was a pleasure to deal with. Nice work too:

20190408_172622.jpg
20190408_172505 (1).jpg
20190408_172535 (1).jpg
20190408_172443 (1).jpg

It works much better! Just enough room for my knuckle too. Better yet, I don't have to modify the stock! Anyway, my technique has changed a little thanks to this post too. Thanks to the help of everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottieStok

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.