Report Scam in AH Classifieds

Yea you can’t be too careful with new members.

In fact there’s a new member who joined early this year apparently but I’ve just recently noticed him posting. Not really anything substantial. Pretty sure it’s just to drive his post count up.

The thing is he limits who can see his profile so while you can see his reaction score you can’t read all of his posts.

Wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he lists something in the classifieds soon.

Fortunately he only got me for $135 as his claimed two boxes were mostly empty brass. I have bought and sold quite a bit in the last few years and become too trusting apparently. Guess it's back to being grouchy and skeptical of everyone not explicitly on the good guys list.

For future reference and google search purposes, his claimed name is Michael Ray Mckee 311 Rogers Rd Pelzer South Carolina 29669-9043. Phone number 760 971 7373.

Fortunately he only got me for $135 as his claimed two boxes were mostly empty brass. I have bought and sold quite a bit in the last few years and become too trusting apparently. Guess it's back to being grouchy and skeptical of everyone not explicitly on the good guys list.

For future reference and google search purposes, his claimed name is Michael Ray Mckee 311 Rogers Rd Pelzer South Carolina 29669-9043. Phone number 760 971 7373.
Did you Google Earth that location? I did and it doesn't look like a Weatherby residence. These guys use multiple addresses, relatives, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends or anyone looking to share in the scam.

It’s a shame what some folks will do to try and get a dishonest dollar. If they worked half as hard at earning an honest dollar they’d be money ahead.

I will say that I have had several great experiences both buying and selling items here on the forum and am very appreciative of the opportunity to do so. There are many stand up folks to do business with here on AH for sure.

Did you try to reach out to the local PD, and report the scam? How about trying to do a stop payment on the money order?

I detest these scum bags, and unfortunately, I've seen the local PD do nothing about it because it's too small of an amount. Ugh! Good luck, and hope he gets caught.

An AH member just made us aware that someone is trying impersonate us, specifically with regard to the Norma 308 Win Swift A-Frame deal we are running.

If you receive a message from someone who tells you to reach out to us via a cellphone number that is not our business phone number, it is a scam.

Please only reach out to us via PM here, through our website "contact us" page, or the email/phone number in this signature block.

Scammer was using the name .AndrewRoberts @AfricaHunting.com (Jerome) with a US based (385) area code phone number.

-Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckd975 is a POS scammer. I was dealing with him the same time I was dealing with another scammer here. Gave me a name and address in Ohio. Same story, contacted me about a WTB post I made. Sent a USPS mmoney order after he sent pics of the acope. Then no scope, no money...just excuses and " its on the way". Was hoping I was wrong, since he kept responding to emails...until a few days ago. So contacted local PD and filed a report with USPS Postal Inspectors.

Buckd975 is a POS scammer. I was dealing with him the same time I was dealing with another scammer here. Gave me a name and address in Ohio. Same story, contacted me about a WTB post I made. Sent a USPS mmoney order after he sent pics of the acope. Then no scope, no money...just excuses and " its on the way". Was hoping I was wrong, since he kept responding to emails...until a few days ago. So contacted local PD and filed a report with USPS Postal Inspectors.
Probably an offshore Indian POS using local mules to monitor the mailboxes and grab the money then. I've seen videos on how those clowns operate.

I'm glad there are so many honest people here.
I think this will be good place to advertise my gun. Not required.
For sale, Danielle defender L1A1 SLR .7.62x308. has best Gazelle trigger and 13 lucky magazine with spares. Great thermal Holographic scope used only on this good gun.
Can't send ammo for sale private can post to capital city America dealer at my cost.
Fast sale $1500 to family friends in PayPal.

An AH member just made us aware that someone is trying impersonate us, specifically with regard to the Norma 308 Win Swift A-Frame deal we are running.

If you receive a message from someone who tells you to reach out to us via a cellphone number that is not our business phone number (910-803-1726), it is a scam.

Please only reach out to us via PM here, through our website "contact us" page, or the email/phone number in this signature block.

Scammer was using the name .AndrewRoberts @AfricaHunting.com (Jerome) with a US based (385) area code phone number.

-Bill
:S Banned:

I'm glad there are so many honest people here.
I think this will be good place to advertise my gun. Not required.
For sale, Danielle defender L1A1 SLR .7.62x308. has best Gazelle trigger and 13 lucky magazine with spares. Great thermal Holographic scope used only on this good gun.
Can't send ammo for sale private can post to capital city America dealer at my cost.
Fast sale $1500 to family friends in PayPal.
Do not post personal info !!!!! Thanks

Yes, his profile is hidden, same phone number. I guess I’ll just assume he scammed me for $100. He should be blocked from this site, then his ip address.

Yes, his profile is hidden, same phone number. I guess I’ll just assume he scammed me for $100. He should be blocked from this site, then his ip address.
Banned days ago.

I'll definitely reach out to the Pd. Money order is cashed but I believe it is an interstate felony since it was a usps money order
For what good it MIGHT accomplish, file a report with the USPS Postal Inspector's Office too.

Unfortunately, as we've seen here before, the scammers just change their screen name with a different IP address and contact number.

I received this pm after posting I would buy from another member. Does not pass the smell test.
Leaving the scammer’s phone in to beware of.
No posts by scammer.
IMG_1921.png

I received this pm after posting I would buy from another member. Does not pass the smell test.
Leaving the scammer’s phone in to beware of.
No posts by scammer.View attachment 572542
Definitely a scammer. Same phone number the asshole gave to another guy here trying to sell him a shotgun I had sold earlier this year. Different user name, same number. Tagging @BRICKBURN and @AfricaHunting.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IvyPrim830

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.