Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC
Hunted
Canada/Europe/Africa/14 US States
Received a PM in response to my thread looking for some ammo. As you can see from the screenshot it has a high likelyhood of being a scammer.
Stay on your toes...tis the season!

Jerome has been made aware as well.
Screenshot_20211207-194551.png

Sure looks like a clown post.

Received a PM in response to my thread looking for some ammo. As you can see from the screenshot it has a high likelyhood of being a scammer.

Jerome has been made aware as well.View attachment 440537
Thank you @BnC 04 and all who reported this scammer operating in the PM system in such a timely manner. I deleted all his conversations/PMs that were sent to many here and banned him. It's really helpful when you bring this to our attention ASAP! Thanks, Jerome

Thank you @BnC 04 and all who reported this scammer operating in the PM system in such a timely manner. I deleted all his conversations/PMs that were sent to many here and banned him. It's really helpful when you bring this to our attention ASAP! Thanks, Jerome
One team, one fight.
Thanks for helping him find the door Jerome.

I had a pm from that person too. The name caught my attention and I didn't respond. Didn't think to report it either. Thanks for opening my eyes to the foolery. John

After being fooled by my ex wife’s user name “IMALYINGHOOKER” I won’t be tricked again! Lol

Jerome has been made aware as well.View attachment 440537
Just found out the same exact thing with 450-400 brass. These two are most definitely scammers and both need to be removed from the fourum. In my email to them after their nebulous response to me I called them out on it and told them I would pass

AWESOME!!!! Thanks!

Scam reloading components sites pop up just about every week. Tip off is they don't take credit cards but will take Bitcoin.

Another scam...

Just a heads up on another scam. I have a "wanted" listing on here (for a Contender barrel in 45 Colt). I got a PM from someone telling me his buddy has one for sale and gave me his email address. The PM has since disappeared - somehow.

So I send this dipshit - Willy Vargason - an email asking about his barrel. His response made it immediately apparent that it was a scam - poor grammar, description of items from someone who obviously doesn't know guns, etc.

Just an FYI. His email is willyvargasonjrb17@gmail.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another scam...

Just a heads up on another scam. I have a "wanted" listing on here (for a Contender barrel in 45 Colt). I got a PM from someone telling me his buddy has one for sale and gave me his email address. The PM has since disappeared - somehow.

So I send this dipshit - Willy Vargason - an email asking about his barrel. His response made it immediately apparent that it was a scam - poor grammar, description of items from someone who obviously doesn't know guns, etc.

Just an FYI. His email is willyvargasonjrb17@gmail.com.
@AZtwins, Thank you for reporting this scammer who was flagged on Tuesday by @BnC 04 and banned that day. The scammer conversations were deleted.

FYI I moved your post to this thread.

Thanks all for doing your due diligence!

Sadly, you deleted him just prior to me offloading 100 lbs of once-fired 22 LR and WMR brass for reloading! I demanded paypal upfront.

This is a common scam. It's incredibly popular on forums where tens of thousands of people gather to buy-sell-trade gear.

Typically, this is how it goes:

1.) Someone posts on a forum "I want to buy something, anyone have any?"

2.) A scammer acting as a friendly reader PMs you "I think John Doe had some for sale and his email is scam@youdamnedfool.org"

3.) The recipient's scam-detector doesn't go off because the first contact wasn't "pushing" anything on you. Further, you do the reaching out to the email of the referred seller so your brain forgets that it wasn't you contacting them in the first place. It's actually a psychological technique magicians use all the time "forcing a card" where you think you're in control and making choices when you're not.

Behind the scenes, the scammer was able to target you for something that you already said you wanted via PM, but you didn't report it as scam on the PM system because its just a friendly reader giving you a tip. Once he gets you off the PM system and onto an unmonitored email, he has his way with you.

I tried to buy a specific kind of bow press on another forum and posted WTB and got several of these types of scam replies. As dangerous as the web is for scams, I have to say AH is the very safest forum to buy or sell something online. The circles in our area of interest are small, the reputations are established, and usually buyer and seller want to have a phone call to get to know each other better to consummate a sale. Scammers don't want to chat about safaris but folks here do! When in doubt, pick up the phone!

Wasn't sure if this is the best place for this, so please move it if there is a better thread.

usagunfactory. com is a scam (put the space in to prevent it from being a link)

Thankfully, I'm a bit cynical to begin with, but I was looking for some info on an old Remington load, this site popped up, and I almost got sucked in by prices that are too good for today's market. And they had primers!!! LOL, that actually is what got my hackles up. That, and they wanted a minimum of $280 to check out.
Buyer beware! Pay attention out there!

In response to looking for a Benelli this guy (MAG) answered in a pm here ..see below
I actually tried to Zelle him Friday and his number or email wasn't in the Zelle system and small red flag...he replied wirh a different one ..same result...BIG RED FLAG...
Look at some of what he sent me guys..
BE CAREFUL! So frustrating to have to deal with this bs!
Today I tried his cell number..disconnected!!!...BEWARE OF THIS POS!!
Screenshot_20220207-091927_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20220207-092906.jpg
Screenshot_20220207-092911.jpg
Screenshot_20220207-092937.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg