Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Remington Model 742 Woodmaster 30-06 For Sale $500 and insured shipping to the lower 48 is included. Beyond that the buyer pays the difference. I accept most forms of payment including PayPal Friend (preferred), cashier’s check or personal check. When Payment clears, I will ship the rifle to your FFL. Send me a PM to discuss and exchange information.

Specs…
30-06 chamber
21¾” barrel
Rear “V” notch rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation
Front brass bead front sight
Comes with 3 magazines and Leather Sling

The barrel is stamped on the left side with “KY” and “94”. What I believe the “KY” stands for is the barrel was made in May 1974. As for the “94”, I’m not sure, but could designate the barrel length and caliber. On the right side of the barrel are proof and testing marks. Maybe someone can help me out with what some of these stampings mean. Also the toe of the stock is chipped. Not sure how it happened, but I included a picture of this specifically.

What I do know is that it’s been a good Deer rifle in the Northeastern US for a number of years and still can be. Yeah, it needs a little work here and there but it’s a reliable semi-auto (similar to a BAR) rifle that shoots well. The scope rings are a swing away type to be able to use the irons. If you are planning on mounting a scope, I’d suggest removing it for a more modern scope mount. The receiver is drilled and tapped for a mount. Feel free to ask any questions and thank you for looking.
1632056463404.png

1632056513112.png

1632056536281.png

1632056572048.png

1632056604913.png

1632056640116.png

1632056660203.png

1632056677907.png

I love these old rifles... shot my first deer with one many years ago. Good luck with the sale. I'd take it if I didn't already own multiple '06's.

Woodsmaster, with an s. I have an early Woodsmaster Model 81 in .30 Remington.
Apologies for the misspelling. How about I make it up to you with a deal on a 30-06? :cool:

Price reduced to $400 and buyer pays UPS shipping.

Holey crap BeeMaa, i'd give you my left one if we were allowed to hunt with these down here.

These 742's were the duck's nut's "back in the day", everyone on a hound crew having either a 742 or a 760. Shit, i'd give you more than your asking price just to have it but a retarded politician said we can't have semi-autos any more.

Good luck with the sale, i envy the buyer.

Decent looking rifle and a very good price. How do the 742s compare with the 7400s?
I've never shot a 7400, so I'm not sure. The 7400 was the replacement for the 742 so I can only imagine it was some type of upgrade. Not sure what the upgrades were or if they were trying to freshen up their look at the time. What I do know is that the 742 shoots very similar to a Browning BAR and it worked well for my Grandfather. I shot it a couple of times at the range with him when he was checking zero before the beginning of Deer season.

Hi, just curious if this gun is still available. I’m looking for one that previously belonged to my father, given to him by his father for deer hunting in AL many years ago. I have the serial number of the gun I’m searching for and it starts off 7474 as in your picture. My father also reported a chipped stock when describing the gun. I would love to purchase the gun if the serial number is a match.

Hi, just curious if this gun is still available. I’m looking for one that previously belonged to my father, given to him by his father for deer hunting in AL many years ago. I have the serial number of the gun I’m searching for and it starts off 7474 as in your picture. My father also reported a chipped stock when describing the gun. I would love to purchase the gun if the serial number is a match.
That would be so cool if it was the same one!

Rifle sold.

For those wondering…not a match on the s/n.

I have a 740, 742, and a 74 auto; and have harvested a number of whitetail and axis deer from across Texas as well as several hogs. The auto loading is very nice for the follow up shot or second hog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.