Remington .308 Win Brass

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
12,676
Reaction score
18,061
Media
78
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
11
USA/Canada
3
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Is Remington brass for .308 Winchester normally hard to come by? I had to really scour the web last night to find a couple of 20 piece bags. This was after calling a number of local shops and finding they had none in stock. Is this normal or just bad timing?
 
Not sure but if its anything like powder or primers around here it seems to come in waves, here today gone tomorrow and everyone seems to run out at the same time for some reason. Manufacturing?
 
Just checked and Midway has them in the 20/box. Sold out of the 100/500 and 1000. Cabela's was out. Both said you could backorder. Maybe Remington does a run 1 or 2 times a year and we in the slack time before a run. Had not heard of a shortage. Bruce
 
I came across this with remington shotgun barrels last year. They produce what they feel they can sell in the year. Then they are done till the next production run. So this makes sence with the brass as well. You might just be in the low point in the production run? You could try calling remington and see what they say?
 
Hey Phil try gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com I've had good luck winning bids and getting them.
 
Phil,

what's with the .308 brass deal...I thought you's still be working that 62,000 psi load for the Rigby LOL

Anyway, there is a guy in Natalia who usually has gobs of .223 and .308 I will check with him if you want, how much do you need and is once fired military stuff okay?

Lemme know
 
Phil,

what's with the .308 brass deal...I thought you's still be working that 62,000 psi load for the Rigby LOL

Anyway, there is a guy in Natalia who usually has gobs of .223 and .308 I will check with him if you want, how much do you need and is once fired military stuff okay?

Lemme know

Thanks but as noted above, Midway USA had 20 piece bags and I ordered two of them. This is for my son's new Tikka. The .416 Rigby load development was very quick and painless. In all of about three trips to the range I had two loads for 400gr A-Frames and North Forks. It was dang near boring! Now the new project is the .308. If it goes quick, i'm not sure what I'll do with myself.

Got an elk tag for this fall, so the summer pre-hunt scouting will start soon. After that I could be in danger of buying another rifle! Still wanting for some reason to add something in a .300H&H to the cabinet.
 
Phil

A 300 H&H... Sweet!

Fine rifles are like that...they talk amongst themselves

I am sure that nothing would please your Rigby more that to be snuggled up against a little 300 Holland in the belly of a lufthansa on your (and their) way to Dar es Salaam.

guns are funny that way
 
Phil

A 300 H&H... Sweet!

Fine rifles are like that...they talk amongst themselves

I am sure that nothing would please your Rigby more that to be snuggled up against a little 300 Holland in the belly of a lufthansa on your (and their) way to Dar es Salaam.

guns are funny that way

If I could afford to hunt TZ, that .300H&H would be a pre-64 M70 having never been fired and it would be along side of one very fine double! Going to have to settle on Zim I guess.

I've only shot a .300H&H once, a Ruger No. 1. Recoil was extremely gentle and something about that single shot got to me. Furthermore the nostalgia of the caliber made me long for some wire-rimmed glasses and a proper Pith!
 
Phil,

Well stipulating to all things previous, I say without the proper pith, Tanzania is just out of the question!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,362
Members
169,540
Latest member
NonaG07838
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top