Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Is Remington brass for .308 Winchester normally hard to come by? I had to really scour the web last night to find a couple of 20 piece bags. This was after calling a number of local shops and finding they had none in stock. Is this normal or just bad timing?

Not sure but if its anything like powder or primers around here it seems to come in waves, here today gone tomorrow and everyone seems to run out at the same time for some reason. Manufacturing?

Just checked and Midway has them in the 20/box. Sold out of the 100/500 and 1000. Cabela's was out. Both said you could backorder. Maybe Remington does a run 1 or 2 times a year and we in the slack time before a run. Had not heard of a shortage. Bruce

I came across this with remington shotgun barrels last year. They produce what they feel they can sell in the year. Then they are done till the next production run. So this makes sence with the brass as well. You might just be in the low point in the production run? You could try calling remington and see what they say?

Hey Phil try gunbroker.com or auctionarms.com I've had good luck winning bids and getting them.

Phil,

what's with the .308 brass deal...I thought you's still be working that 62,000 psi load for the Rigby LOL

Anyway, there is a guy in Natalia who usually has gobs of .223 and .308 I will check with him if you want, how much do you need and is once fired military stuff okay?

Lemme know

Phil,

what's with the .308 brass deal...I thought you's still be working that 62,000 psi load for the Rigby LOL

Anyway, there is a guy in Natalia who usually has gobs of .223 and .308 I will check with him if you want, how much do you need and is once fired military stuff okay?

Lemme know

Thanks but as noted above, Midway USA had 20 piece bags and I ordered two of them. This is for my son's new Tikka. The .416 Rigby load development was very quick and painless. In all of about three trips to the range I had two loads for 400gr A-Frames and North Forks. It was dang near boring! Now the new project is the .308. If it goes quick, i'm not sure what I'll do with myself.

Got an elk tag for this fall, so the summer pre-hunt scouting will start soon. After that I could be in danger of buying another rifle! Still wanting for some reason to add something in a .300H&H to the cabinet.

Phil

A 300 H&H... Sweet!

Fine rifles are like that...they talk amongst themselves

I am sure that nothing would please your Rigby more that to be snuggled up against a little 300 Holland in the belly of a lufthansa on your (and their) way to Dar es Salaam.

guns are funny that way

Phil

A 300 H&H... Sweet!

Fine rifles are like that...they talk amongst themselves

I am sure that nothing would please your Rigby more that to be snuggled up against a little 300 Holland in the belly of a lufthansa on your (and their) way to Dar es Salaam.

guns are funny that way

If I could afford to hunt TZ, that .300H&H would be a pre-64 M70 having never been fired and it would be along side of one very fine double! Going to have to settle on Zim I guess.

I've only shot a .300H&H once, a Ruger No. 1. Recoil was extremely gentle and something about that single shot got to me. Furthermore the nostalgia of the caliber made me long for some wire-rimmed glasses and a proper Pith!

Phil,

Well stipulating to all things previous, I say without the proper pith, Tanzania is just out of the question!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!