Re regulating double rifles

Heym 88

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
584
Reaction score
237
Media
23
Member of
DSC
Hunted
US
Hey guys...since I am on the verge of owning my first double rifle ( Heym 88 PH ) I have heard about barrels needing to be re- regulated after a time. Since I am not familiar with this I was hoping someone would chime in and explain when and why they have to be re regulated. Thanks in advance.
 
Pretty much spot on Spike!

The barrels are regulated at the factory. If you shoot a factory load that they used no problem. If you hand load then you simply match the load they used during the regulation process. It's not an adjustment that is a regularly needed 'tune up.' If you get a Heym like your namesake then it'll last longer than you will.
There have been cases that the factory has mis-aligned the barrels ans sent them out that way. But it's rare, with the exception of the first crop of Sabatti's.
I seriously doubt that any of the rifles I have been re-worked in the 130+ years that some of them are.
 
Heym

I think spike and Mike have this one covered.

When you have the serial number of your new Double rifle then contact Heym and they should have records showing what the rifle was regulated with.

From what i seen it is either federal or hornady both very good ammo.

So are you getting the 450 - 470 or 500 NE.
 
Thanks guys.....I'm getting the 450/400 3 inch for buffalo. It's been a slow process but I'm getting there.:thumb:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,600
Members
169,766
Latest member
xoso66samcom
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top