Rare Trophy Room Book For Sale – Man-Eaters Of Tsavo By Col Patterson First Edition 1907

gizmo

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.rockinggranch.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Agreed, by the time I saw it yesterday, AZDave already had made the deal!!!!
Damn that Dave :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: He got a good'n and congrats to him :):):)

vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Argentina, France
Vette,

One question please for my education: why does a "first edition" have both the date of the "first edition" and a "reprinted date" listed? To a layman it seems like when they printed the first edition they wouldn't have known at what date it was going to be reprinted? I realize that it is only one month later and an exact reprint of the first edition, but it seems like it would effect the value etc. I have just begun collecting these classic books and this information would be helpful.

Hey guys, sorry. Been super busy today. This is a good question and a common thing to look for in these old (very cool) books. This copy is a true first edition as part of the second printing, which is what that inscription you asked about details. I have actually seen some copies of this book as a first edition, third printing showing the dates you noted in my pic along with a third printing date. Copies of books this age that are first edition, first printing would not have dates listed on that page and are extremely rare as they are over 100 years old and, as you can surmised from that page, the first printing took place over less than one month so was probably a limited printing to begin with. I hope this makes sense but, if not, I am happy to answer other questions.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Thanks for the explanation! you should post some of those other duplicates you have here. I think you've found an interested audience!

ArmyGrunt

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
@PHOENIX PHIL That movie has become one of my wife's favourites so this will be a Christmas present for her. I will bring her by the booth at SCI and if you talk nice she might let you borrow it, that way you will have to come down to southern AZ and can go out and burn some gunpowder in my doubles.
One of my favorite films as well! I watched it a few times before I jumped the pond for my first safari. I may need time watch it again soon.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Book arrived in great shape. thank you. Sorry it took a while for me to respond as I was out of town for a couple weeks. Have a Merry Christmas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmoryMcgin

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J