Rangefinder Recommendations

I certainly agree on the archery. That is a different scenario all together. The latest bino models are going to have the ability to range at archery distances. I also agree on the glass however the glass in the Swaro/Leica/Zeiss rangefinding binos is going to be better than any other brand of binos top models.
Yes I drool at the Swaro Nl Pure!
What binos are you using for your hunts?
No doubt the latest models can range at archery distances, it has more to do with how a lot of archery hunters range for stability and quick shots.

I’ve got a Set of EL’s and a set of SLC’s that I run in different sizes. I’m likely about to add the NL Pure’s. Just wish they’d offer an EL or NL option as a 15x56 for when I don’t want to carry a spotting scope.

I just recently went back to a Leupold. I had a Bushnell Pro XE that got stolen last year and liked that. Went to the standard Bushnell V3, no bells and whistles, and that was okay but really missed the red display. Decided to pick up the GX-5c and am happy to be back in it. I tried a Blue Tees 3 Max and it just wasn’t for me. Lens clarity wasn’t nearly as good as the pricier options. Having to depend on it in less than perfect weather during tournaments that was a big con for me.

@Philip Glass - Like @Mtn_Infantry said there are circumstances where a stand alone RF is an asset. Most recently on a goose hunt when doing a float down a river, carrying RF binos would have been cumbersome. Especially important for shotgun wing shooting (upland/waterfowl/turkey) is range estimation to determine leads and potential lethality for the shotgun/choke/load being used.

There is also the factor of what you are willing to destroy while hunting. Beating up a RF that cost ~$500 is in a different bracket than taking a set of RF binos that can be north of $3K.

I don't always pack a dedicated RF, but most of the time I do as a "just in case". They are so small it's hard not to.

@Philip Glass - Like @Mtn_Infantry said there are circumstances where a stand alone RF is an asset. Most recently on a goose hunt when doing a float down a river, carrying RF binos would have been cumbersome. Especially important for shotgun wing shooting (upland/waterfowl/turkey) is range estimation to determine leads and potential lethality for the shotgun/choke/load being used.

There is also the factor of what you are willing to destroy while hunting. Beating up a RF that cost ~$500 is in a different bracket than taking a set of RF binos that can be north of $3K.

I don't always pack a dedicated RF, but most of the time I do as a "just in case". They are so small it's hard not to.
That is a good point and a scenario that i've not thought of. I definitely like the idea of not damsging the $3000 binos on a wet waterfowl hunt. I have a cheap Redfield for darting exotics and had a nice Leupold but it just quit on me for some reason. I sent it off but they said it was too old to fix. ☹️

No doubt the latest models can range at archery distances, it has more to do with how a lot of archery hunters range for stability and quick shots.

I’ve got a Set of EL’s and a set of SLC’s that I run in different sizes. I’m likely about to add the NL Pure’s. Just wish they’d offer an EL or NL option as a 15x56 for when I don’t want to carry a spotting scope.
Cool

I run the Swaro EL and also an Sig rangefinder that I can input different rifles and loads into for long range shooting. It automatically compensates for elevation, barometer, temperature, etc… and is extremely fast.

I will never buy another Leica product again. Horrible customer service on a rangefinder binocular that kept malfunctioning and kept going out of focus as well. A real lemon and they wouldn’t replace it. Told me to just keep sending it back to them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalinaKers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you