2,248fps
71gr
2,510fps

50th Lyman book lists Big Game (300gr Banded Solid) as:
64.0gr
2,248fps
71gr
2,510fps
That’s really interesting. Never thought of Big Game as a 375 powder. I use it in my 9.3 and get 2505 with a 286 north fork - 63 gr

Thanks Josh. I was hoping for feedback on pressures, accuracy, etc.
Just trying to help get the conversation going. Big Game seems (for the calibers I'm interested in, including 375) to be a fantastic option. After a friend loaded me some BG for 303 British, it got me looking into it deeper. It's one of the more available powders, and it's one of the least expensive. I'm interested to see other's experiences with this powder as well, because if it can be (for my calibers) a more economical alternative to something like Varget, I'm a fan.

IMR 4064 for 300gr TSX is my go-to

Just trying to help get the conversation going. Big Game seems (for the calibers I'm interested in, including 375) to be a fantastic option. After a friend loaded me some BG for 303 British, it got me looking into it deeper. It's one of the more available powders, and it's one of the least expensive. I'm interested to see other's experiences with this powder as well, because if it can be (for my calibers) a more economical alternative to something like Varget, I'm a fan.

These are the same reasons I’m interested. Availability and cost. If you’re burning the stuff ~70 grains at a time it’d be great to keep the cost as low as possible. 7,000 grains per pound, the stuff goes fast!

I like 4350 or H380 for my .375 H&H. This with 270 or 300 grn projectiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petervolt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?