Ramcat Hydroshock Broadhead Test Vid

Looking forward to watching the video in a few moments.

I found the Ramcats to be THE BEST broadhead tested for use with extreme accuracy/extreme power crossbows such as Ravin R20/R29 and Scorpyd.

So I watched your review of the Ramcat broadheads and here are my thoughts:

1.) I think they are the best crossbow broadhead ever made and I wholeheartedly endorse them.

2.) Every significant defect you noted or alluded to as a rumor about them is 100% true as well.

The things you got right:

A.) Upon impact, the blades can bend. They are disposable blades.
B.) Upon impact, the jarring of the blades causes the screws to loosen just enough that they sweep the blades forward and cut if the animal tries to pull the arrow out. (backup plan if you don't get a pass-through)
C.) Indeed, many times upon impact, roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the time, the ramcat breaks at one of the screw holes ruining the broadhead.
D.) The hydrofoil effect of the broadheads result in them flying truer for long distances than any other arrow point. They are exactly the same as target points.

So why do I use them in CROSSBOWS specifically (I don't recommend them from vertical bows)

i.) Accuracy is everything, nothing is more accurate.
ii.) At 435fps-470fps with super-crossbows, you cannot rely on the proper opening and "staying the course" of a mechanical broadhead, these fly true and pass through true.
iii.) With super high power crossbows (Ravins, Scorpyds) you recover AT BEST half your bolts on clean pass throughs. There is so much residual power, they hit the frozen ground and bounce into the next county, OR they disappear under ground, OR the pass through sheers the vanes and it flys in a direction you'll never imagine unless you have 10 slow-motion cameras recording at the time. So, for a single-use toilet paper mindset, crossbow bolts with these broadheads are magical.
iv.) If you do get the bolt back, they are easy to resharpen the chisel point and replacement blades are readily available.

It seems that we are in full agreement as to the facts and that we just have moderate differences in whether Ramcats are good or bad in light of those facts.

Very nice review. Thanks for putting it together!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!