Quietest Vibratory Case Tumbler

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
12,677
Reaction score
18,057
Media
78
Articles
3
Hunting reports
Africa
11
USA/Canada
3
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Simple question, who makes the QUIETEST vibratory case tumbler? I have an RCBS that's just been working for who knows how long and is perfectly functional. But it is LOUD!! I can't stand to be in the garage while it's on. And even with two doors shut between the garage and the living room, you can still hear it humming.
 
I've had the RCBS vibrating cleaner now for close to 30 years and it isn't that bad even when sitting in the same room. But I usually put a batch of cases in it and leave it as long as is needed.

I do have to admit that it's in the basement of my home.
 
I like the Dillon
 
I like the Dillon

I was just looking at that one online. Claims to be quiet, I'll trust you on that. It is a bit expensive and they it runs a bit hot and to place on concrete or tile floors.
 
20 year-old Cabela's 30$ vibratory cleaner probably rebranded from RCBS so smooth it could put me to sleep
20260203_222030 (1).jpg
 
I don't even know who makes my vibratory. I think I have the RCBS wet tumbler. I've never minded the noise but then again I might be biased because I have a pair of 12" KLH speakers in the same room :D
 
I've been using Dillon(s) for over 40 years. I have both their large and small models. When I close the door to my basement, I can't hear the vibrator(s) at all.
 
I have the big Dillon case tumbler, and I've been using it for close to 30+ years. It hums, and you do hear the brass, but not as bad as the little one from Midway. There is one on E-bay for $179.00.
 
Ultra-vibe.
The quietest one I know of. Had one, got out of reloading a few years ago, now back in. Should have never sold it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9218.png
    IMG_9218.png
    541.6 KB · Views: 69
I have a Lyman and Midway. The Lyman isn’t bad at all, but I don’t use them anymore. I converted to wet tumbling and will never go back.
 
I don't have a product recommendation but I put mine in the spare room which is carpeted and close the door.
 
I use an ultrasonic cleaner for rifle cases after I de prime them

It does a really good job, but it is way noisier

I still tumble pistol cases using a Dillon Tumblr, which are pretty quiet
 
Not vibratory, but Thumbler’s Tumbler is much much quieter.
 
I use an ultrasonic cleaner for rifle cases after I de prime them

It does a really good job, but it is way noisier

I still tumble pistol cases using a Dillon Tumblr, which are pretty quiet
I’ve got a hornady ultrasonic… it is indeed noisy as hell… it sounds like Dr Frankenstein is busy building his latest creation in the next room…

But thankfully the longest clean cycle is 8 minutes.. so the annoyance doesn’t last that long…
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,266
Messages
1,571,047
Members
169,250
Latest member
JoieHarget
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top