Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI,DSC,RMEF,MDF,NRA
Hunted
US, Canada, RSA, Namibia, Argentina, New Zealand
Sure wish I had a sat phone. the Internet here comes & goes, generally very poor with everyone on it. I wasn't able to get on for most of yesterday & was trying to get flights rearranged.

gebo824

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI,DSC,RMEF,MDF,NRA
Hunted
Migration hasn't hit yet, so we're chasing small groups. 2 of the 5 days none of the 17 hunters got anything & I only saw one or two on those days.

jduckhunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
If I remember correctly as long as it has one shovel and a spike on the other side it is considered a double shovel. Congrats on a beautiful caribou!

JES Adventures

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.ranchinvestments.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Life Member of DSC, NRA and SCI
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Ethiopia, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
Dang @gebo824, sounds like you're getting an unwanted extended holiday! Thanks for the tip, I'm bringing a SAT phone and plenty of whiskey and a couple of books. Hope you get out soon, I'm sure you're ready to get back home.

Northman56751

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alaska, Colorado, Nebraska, Montana, N.W.T., Yukon, B.C., Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Quebec, Newfoundland, Africa
Why the extra cost on the charter to get out.....i don't get it? If you were done early and wanted to leave, i could see it, but......

Any word on how the other camp (Des Bergais) has been doing? Or, are they not hunting that camp this year.

buffybr

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, RMEF, Life member NRA and Manhatten (Montana) Wildlife Association
Hunted
USA(CO,MT,WY,AK,TX), Canada(NWT,Saskatchewan,Quebec), Zimbabwe(Matetsi), RSA(Limpopo,KZN,Free State,Eastern Cape), New Zealand, Mozambique, Azerbaijan
If I remember correctly as long as it has one shovel and a spike on the other side it is considered a double shovel. Congrats on a beautiful caribou!
No, a spike is not considered a shovel. However, if there is another point on that spike it would classify as a shovel.

gebo824

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI,DSC,RMEF,MDF,NRA
Hunted
I'm sitting in the hotel room In Montreal, awaiting my flight home! We made a jailbreak yesterday morning. One float plane had arrived the day before with supplies. the pilot said he would have NOT flown passengers, as the fog/low clouds were bad. Yesterday morning it cleared a bit & I was on the first group to take that plane out. We got about halfway, visibility got poor, so the pilot landed on a remote lake by some rough cabins used by Jack Hume. We sat there about an hour & tried again. We finally made it to Nac Pau. However, we had to wait 3.5 hrs for the other float plane to fly to camp, get the last 6 guys, then fly back. Luckily they made it.

There was a group from the Des Bergais camp that was waiting 2 days for all of us from Leaf River, so we could all take the charter to Montreal. They were glad to see us finally arrive!

Despite the migration not hitting yet. Everyone tagged out. I think the other camp tagged out as well & saw some monsters in photos from there.

The charter that flew from camp after the first day delay, was a wheeled plane that had hunters that had chartered it to Leaf. It is not a routine flight in. So six guys took it out of camp. The expense ($1200-2200) was for the connecting "commercial" plane leaving the coastal airport (can't remember the name) straight to Montreal. It was an Inuit airline I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnaBrinkma

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh