Quebec Caribou Tips?

Sure wish I had a sat phone. the Internet here comes & goes, generally very poor with everyone on it. I wasn't able to get on for most of yesterday & was trying to get flights rearranged.
 
Migration hasn't hit yet, so we're chasing small groups. 2 of the 5 days none of the 17 hunters got anything & I only saw one or two on those days.
 
If I remember correctly as long as it has one shovel and a spike on the other side it is considered a double shovel. Congrats on a beautiful caribou!
 
Dang @gebo824, sounds like you're getting an unwanted extended holiday! Thanks for the tip, I'm bringing a SAT phone and plenty of whiskey and a couple of books. Hope you get out soon, I'm sure you're ready to get back home.
 
Why the extra cost on the charter to get out.....i don't get it? If you were done early and wanted to leave, i could see it, but......

Any word on how the other camp (Des Bergais) has been doing? Or, are they not hunting that camp this year.
 
If I remember correctly as long as it has one shovel and a spike on the other side it is considered a double shovel. Congrats on a beautiful caribou!
No, a spike is not considered a shovel. However, if there is another point on that spike it would classify as a shovel.
 
I'm sitting in the hotel room In Montreal, awaiting my flight home! We made a jailbreak yesterday morning. One float plane had arrived the day before with supplies. the pilot said he would have NOT flown passengers, as the fog/low clouds were bad. Yesterday morning it cleared a bit & I was on the first group to take that plane out. We got about halfway, visibility got poor, so the pilot landed on a remote lake by some rough cabins used by Jack Hume. We sat there about an hour & tried again. We finally made it to Nac Pau. However, we had to wait 3.5 hrs for the other float plane to fly to camp, get the last 6 guys, then fly back. Luckily they made it.

There was a group from the Des Bergais camp that was waiting 2 days for all of us from Leaf River, so we could all take the charter to Montreal. They were glad to see us finally arrive!

Despite the migration not hitting yet. Everyone tagged out. I think the other camp tagged out as well & saw some monsters in photos from there.

The charter that flew from camp after the first day delay, was a wheeled plane that had hunters that had chartered it to Leaf. It is not a routine flight in. So six guys took it out of camp. The expense ($1200-2200) was for the connecting "commercial" plane leaving the coastal airport (can't remember the name) straight to Montreal. It was an Inuit airline I think.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,435
Members
169,566
Latest member
billfishes
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top