Pulled the Trigger on a Merkel 140AE

Kmarsh1966

AH member
Joined
Jul 24, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
15
I bought a new Merkel 140AE in 416 Rigby. Hope to have it imported to USA in a couple of months. I really would have liked to grab a 20 Ga Barrel but this one was already fabricated and no option to add a 20 Ga to this order and get the guin in time for a Safari in October.

Im curious to know if anyone has bought a barrel and had it added after the fact. I run a Krieghoff K-80 in my shotgun games. Extra Barrels just need to be fitted to the receiver. I would suspect it would be possible to snag an added barrel. Does anyone have any experience with this?
 
Congrats on the purchase. I have a merkel too but have not looked into adding barrels. While I was searching for my double I found that merkel in Germany ware super responsive. I would give them a serial number and they would give me a lot more info about the rifle than many of the prospective sellers had. I'd just send them an email and see what they have to say on the subject.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,379
Members
169,550
Latest member
XJBIlana52
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top