Professional Hunter gored by Gemsbok

This is absolutely great news, do hope he continues to improve & makes a full recovery !

Do we know what Hospital he was/is in as it sounds like they did a good job ?

I have had many friends & acquaintances go into Steve Biko Hospital in the last few years & none has survived the visit !!

This is absolutely great news, do hope he continues to improve & makes a full recovery !

Do we know what Hospital he was/is in as it sounds like they did a good job ?

I have had many friends & acquaintances go into Steve Biko Hospital in the last few years & none has survived the visit !!
He was in a Hospital in Pretoria.

He was in a Hospital in Pretoria.
Well yes I read that, thank you, thought we might narrow it down a bit, be good to know where we might survive the night if injured at work ?

Should have this as a must know item Africa/world wide lol

We use it as a threat to say your going to Steve Biko !

Hospital was Cintocare near Menlyn.

Motsomi Family - continue to stay + & strong for Marco as will the AH family through our thoughts/prayers. “When you look to the Heavens & ask, where are you My Lord? Remember - the “Teacher” is always quietest during the test.”

Our lives are a daily test & trust Marco’s inner strength to carry-on for self & family will prevail - what a remarkable story he will have for future Hunters by the campfire!

Here is the latest news that I just received this morning:

He is unfortunately back in hospital with a blockage in his intestines and infection in his spine that they are struggling to overcome, but he is in good spirits and it is only because of people like you that is praying for him.

Sorry to hear he's back in the hospital! Hopefully they will get him stabilized soon!
The last Gemsbuck I shot gave us quite a scare on the follow-up. I shot him late one evening and misjudged the distance, so I hit him too low. When we tracked him the next morning we jumped him and started pushing him a bit to see if he would slow up. When we finally cornered him, he let out a bellow and charged in on us. I was lucky enough to send a bullet through the thick bush and made him turn. Then I shot him in the chest as he passed us. Once he was down, he continued trying to get up and come at us again, but luckily the second shot took effect in time.

Charles,

Thank you for the update, obviously not good to hear this chap is back in hospital with complications, let us hope he is making progress, getting good care, his family and friends helping as best they can and rightly those of us on AH will be willing him to make a full and speedy recovery!!!
Please pass on the very best wishes
Rgds

I received tis info. from Motsomi today:

UPDATE on MARCO

Marco got out of Hospital on the 7th of July. He stayed in Pretoria for a week to visit the Physical Therapist and to make sure there was not complications. He came back home on 14th July and spend a couple of days home. Unfortunately he had a lot of pain in his lower back and went back to the Doctor on the 23rd of July. They found infection in his vertebra and took samples of the tissue around the vertebra where the horn went in. He was released from hospital until they have the results and correct treatment plan. On the 25th of July they admitted him back to hospital due to infection that got into his bloodstream when they took the samples from his vertebra. He was in High Care to treat the infection through his veins. They test around 12 different antibiotics that would treat the infection in the vertebra. Luckily the last one was working great and would be able to treat the infection, so he was released from hospital and could take the medicine from home. They got the infection in his blood under control but is struggling with those in his bone, so he decided to stay in the city close to the doctors. On the 10th of August he was admitted back to hospital due to severe pain in his back and they found an obstruction in his intestines so he is back in High Care in Hospital to treat the new problem. Thanks to everyone for the messages, prayers, etc. Please keep on praying for him, we hope that this will be the last time he will need to go to hospital.

Hope he gets past this soon!

I hope it goes well from now on, infections are hard to beat !

Thanks for the update. He is having a hard time of it, hope he improves soon.

Marco is a good friend and one of the best PH's you will ever find. He spent a couple of days with me in TX a year ago and was on the mend. He guided last season and is guiding right now. He has recovered very well. God's blessing and good Medical care he is back to doing what he loves to do.

Graham Hunter, thanks for promptly coming back and more importantly with decent happy news!!!
Really good to hear your friend Marco is well and back doing what he loves, being a PH!
Like I have said we sometimes forget the risks these guys face for us their clients, pass on regards to him!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!