Professional Boxing ...

Scholar

AH senior member
Joined
Aug 14, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
35
... one of the things that made America great ... (still is) ... (still does) ...
 
Some Thembu/Xhosa clan member, some referred to as Madiba, Rolihlahla, and Nelson at different stages of life-was an Excellent boxer!!! "Smokin' Joe" once came to a famous hotdog place just down the street from where I grew up...a small crowd gathered 'round in reverence!
 
Some Thembu/Xhosa clan member, some referred to as Madiba, Rolihlahla, and Nelson at different stages of life-was an Excellent boxer!!! "Smokin' Joe" once came to a famous hotdog place just down the street from where I grew up...a small crowd gathered 'round in reverence!

Yeah ... I once gave a talk about boxing and used Mandela and TR as examples ...

Also ... I spent an afternoon hangin' with Smokin' Joe one time back in the day ... Emile Griffith was also there ... funny story ... I have it written down somewhere but I'll have to see if I can find it ...

Here's the pic of Mandela that I used ... :) ...

1597966324939.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,241
Messages
1,569,374
Members
168,664
Latest member
11Pitch21QB
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top