Problem with single selective trigger

+1 on the above. In sporting clays you shoot the little 2 1/2” shells in .410 events. My little browning 625 with single selective trigger resets every time!!

As does my Browning ultra XS .410. Be absolutely sure you are releasing the trigger between shots. Perhaps try some slow fire, taking your trigger hand completely away from the gun between shots just to be certain. It’s surprisingly easy to do.

A good friend is a shooting instructor at Holland & Holland, and the finest shot I have ever seen. He taught me to push the gun away from me slightly with my forward hand between shots. This is surprisingly fast and effective in resetting you on the gun. If you do have N issue releasing the trigger, this will almost certainly cure it.

If this is not it, accept no excuse from beretta until it is made right.

All my SxS have two triggers save one, a 12 bore Westley Richards droplock two barrel set with a single selective trigger that I could not pass on. If the barrel selector is not set well, it can double fire, which is a pain. I have taken to resetting the selector (forward then back) every few rounds just to keep it in check. No problems since I started doing this.

Let us know what you find out! By the way, if you dry fire one barrel, you should be able to smack the bottom of the buttstock with the palm of your hand to reset the trigger and dry fire the second barrel. If it won’t do this something is wrong.

I bought a new Beretta Parallelo SxS about a year ago. I have been shooting clays and pigeons for a while but all too often the second pull of the trigger is a misfire and it fails to shoot. I took it back to the dealer and they told me the trigger mechanism is in perfect order and that I must just use heavier loads than the no. 7s I have been using. I feel I should be able to use any charge. I also tried to complain with Beretta but their client service is non-existent. What to do? I will be greatful to hear your advices.
I realise this is an old thread, however I've had the same issues with a Beretta 486. One thing that I thought might be the issue is what they call the "gravitational safety". I shot a round of clays and struggled with the second shot on a very high bird (first bird more horizontal). I tested the gun afterward on a pattern board a few times and it functioned perfectly. I'm going to take the stock off and see if I can remove this useless feature or otherwise take it to a gun smith to be removed.

RockSlinger, good luck with that. I read that owners of Ruger Gold Label shotguns experienced similar problems. Apparently the problem arises when the gun’s action is not properly opened. This is what one owner had to say and it might also provide the solution :

"The only dark trait and nasty habit she has in my opinion, and believe me every beauty has them from Italian cars to beautiful women, is that if the action is not opened completely will fail to re-cock one barrel from time to time. Well lets be honest quite often really, it caught me a few times on the second barrel on my first hunt with it. Then I realized that opening the action until you felt the stop remedied the situation completely, and I have not experienced it since.

Thanks Adam! Have you managed to solve your problem?
RockSlinger, I read the above report about the Ruger Gold Label after my last outing, so I will implement the remedy on my next trip. But I must say, the more I have been using the gun the less I encountered a misfire on the second shot.

There is a difference between Twin triggers and Double triggers. Double triggers are assigned to each barrel. Front fires one barrel, the back fires the other. Twin triggers are a great invention used in early Browning superposed. the front trigger fires one barrel, then resets to fire the other barrel. the back trigger will fire the other barrel, then reset to fire the unfired barrel. It gave the shooter instant selection of barrel by choosing which trigger to use, then had an immediate second barrel without moving finger to the other trigger.

Miller triggers are single triggers that replace double triggers and unlike the miserable selectors where the thumb has to move the selector, that also doubles as the safety, the Miller has a small toggle directly above the trigger which can be toggled as the finger is enroute to the trigger, very little time involved in switching barrels and no need for an articulated trigger to prevent getting smacked by the front trigger.

Interesting never knew of that type of trigger...what period where they fitted to brownings?

There is a guy in Florida who is a beretta guru, Cole, I think is his name. I’d give him a ring. I’m sure he’s seen it and might have some insight for this old thread....

My personal solution to the problem :
A9D3C671-1BE0-4A1D-92ED-515705A70FB2.png

Traditional old fashioned double triggers , which never fail the operator and work completely independently of one another .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross