Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Gentleman & Ladies,

Looking to see what a loaded and a made up/dummy 4 Bore cartridges are going for these days if they should pop up. I know manufacturer will influence as well, so maybe a wide spectrum sweep of the low and high price for a single cartridge.

Thanks!

LOL. Had no idea there was a market for a loaded non-firing 4 bore cartridge.

LOL. Had no idea there was a market for a loaded non-firing 4 bore cartridge.

If one were to acquire the empty casing, its certainly easy to make a display for presentation purposes. Need to keep all options open.

Good question on the going market price for a collectible 4 bore cartridge. I would think an original from the late 1800s in one of the longer lengths in decent shape would be rare thus not cheap- maybe in the $50-$100+ range but that is a pure guess. A currently made one maybe in the $10-$25 range. I have looked off an on for such rarities in the past with little success. I've made a couple of efforts here lately searching the net with no luck. I'm sure there are a few out there but finding one- that's the issue. Aside from the net, you might stumble into one at a gun show, shop, auction, word of mouth, flea market or by chance but the odds may be long.

Good question on the going market price for a collectible 4 bore cartridge. I would think an original from the late 1800s in one of the longer lengths in decent shape would be rare thus not cheap- maybe in the $50-$100+ range but that is a pure guess. A currently made one maybe in the $10-$25 range. I have looked off an on for such rarities in the past with little success. I've made a couple of efforts here lately searching the net with no luck. I'm sure there are a few out there but finding one- that's the issue. Aside from the net, you might stumble into one at a gun show, shop, auction, word of mouth, flea market or by chance but the odds may be long.

Thanks @fourfive8 . I have the itch to acquire one as of late and have seen them at shows in the past, but wasn't in the market then. I know some company's are making new brass and will load one or even load a dummy without powder and primer, but I haven't seen a 4 bore option yet...but the 700 Nitro versions are around $50 or so in the new manufacture form.

you should contact cal pappas, (he has a website and checks in on this site as well) he will likely know what they are worth, AND probably has a few laying around.

Contact Ken Owens, gunsmith Moscow , Tennessee. He builds the rifles mfg. The cartridges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
railrunnernw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you