Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Gentleman & Ladies,

Looking to see what a loaded and a made up/dummy 4 Bore cartridges are going for these days if they should pop up. I know manufacturer will influence as well, so maybe a wide spectrum sweep of the low and high price for a single cartridge.

Thanks!

LOL. Had no idea there was a market for a loaded non-firing 4 bore cartridge.

LOL. Had no idea there was a market for a loaded non-firing 4 bore cartridge.

If one were to acquire the empty casing, its certainly easy to make a display for presentation purposes. Need to keep all options open.

Good question on the going market price for a collectible 4 bore cartridge. I would think an original from the late 1800s in one of the longer lengths in decent shape would be rare thus not cheap- maybe in the $50-$100+ range but that is a pure guess. A currently made one maybe in the $10-$25 range. I have looked off an on for such rarities in the past with little success. I've made a couple of efforts here lately searching the net with no luck. I'm sure there are a few out there but finding one- that's the issue. Aside from the net, you might stumble into one at a gun show, shop, auction, word of mouth, flea market or by chance but the odds may be long.

Good question on the going market price for a collectible 4 bore cartridge. I would think an original from the late 1800s in one of the longer lengths in decent shape would be rare thus not cheap- maybe in the $50-$100+ range but that is a pure guess. A currently made one maybe in the $10-$25 range. I have looked off an on for such rarities in the past with little success. I've made a couple of efforts here lately searching the net with no luck. I'm sure there are a few out there but finding one- that's the issue. Aside from the net, you might stumble into one at a gun show, shop, auction, word of mouth, flea market or by chance but the odds may be long.

Thanks @fourfive8 . I have the itch to acquire one as of late and have seen them at shows in the past, but wasn't in the market then. I know some company's are making new brass and will load one or even load a dummy without powder and primer, but I haven't seen a 4 bore option yet...but the 700 Nitro versions are around $50 or so in the new manufacture form.

you should contact cal pappas, (he has a website and checks in on this site as well) he will likely know what they are worth, AND probably has a few laying around.

Contact Ken Owens, gunsmith Moscow , Tennessee. He builds the rifles mfg. The cartridges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg