Prayers for Mark

Good luck on getting rid of your bug. I really hate to say it but catching the flu or Covid at the convention might really be tough on you. Being safe rather than sorry is a good decision.... Get well!!
Bruce

Now we are talkin good stuff! Wonderful news Mark

Get well buddy!

Spoke with Mark. If all goes well, he might be released tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed!

I had my two week post-op appointment today. Incisions are healing well and doctor very pleased with his handiwork! Lol. He said it was a fairly tough surgery. In two more weeks I will be on a stationary bike and should be walking the first or second week of February. So far, so good.
77CC94C9-D0E4-4A4E-8050-E01D75F5D66E.jpeg
82792D30-1CD4-4D46-81BF-72D3A015EB96.jpeg

Hang in there gents, we will continue to keep you in our prayers for your quick recovery.

My wife and I came back from Florida with COVID. Driving home with this crap was brutal. A 9 1/2 hrs drive, was done in 12. I had to pull over twice to rest. Ugh, glad to be home.

Spoke with Mark. If all goes well, he might be released tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed!

I had my two week post-op appointment today. Incisions are healing well and doctor very pleased with his handiwork! Lol. He said it was a fairly tough surgery. In two more weeks I will be on a stationary bike and should be walking the first or second week of February. So far, so good.View attachment 508381View attachment 508382
It looks like you’re building a boat or something, don’t limp by a magnet. Kidding, looks like you got this.

Hang in there gents, we will continue to keep you in our prayers for your quick recovery.

My wife and I came back from Florida with COVID. Driving home with this crap was brutal. A 9 1/2 hrs drive, was done in 12. I had to pull over twice to rest. Ugh, glad to be home.
Get well soon all you guys, and prayers for Mrs Para as well. Lousy time to be sick or recovering from surgery.

Mark and Scott, prayers for you both. As we age the penalty of years lived becomes more apparent. None of us escape the deterioration of time. We are not promised a life of ease but in fact the opposite. God walks with us all the years of our lives and reminds us that the best is yet to come. With that in mind we can more easily overcome the trauma of this existence. I look forward to the hunting stories from you two as the pendulum swings in a positive direction. Although I have not faced any recent health threats, I have been caring for my wife who will always need care from cancer treatment. Mark I pray for a resolution to your infection, may this time in treatment be positive on your outlook on life and an inspiration to those around you, Scott from your X-ray it makes me wonder how even walking is possible. I have never seen more metal and less bone in a leg. How amazing it is that injuries and infections which once were an end of the road are now a pause in our lives. May you both recover and sing the praises of the god who watches over us all. I will be hunting duck and dove late January in Texas and in Nashville for the SCI With other members of this forum In February. It would be my great pleasure to meet or render any assistance to either of you gentlemen.

Speedy recovery to both of you (Mark &Scott). I will gently urge everyone to get regular check ups and especially with the old Cardiologist as we approach 40 and beyond. My good friend who just turned 50 and looks like he’s 25, regularly runs 5 miles per day plus gym time complained to me about a little weird feeling he was getting in his chest during peak exercise.
I set him up with my cardiologist friend of 30 years and yesterday got Stented for a 99% occluded LAD. We call that the widow maker in the medical field. He was extremely fortunate to catch this in time.
Stay safe and get screened. All the best to all of you and Happy New Year!

HH

Gentlemen,

A call to arms.

Mark lives a bit south of Houston. Are there members of this site that live in or south of Houston who are able to check in by phone with Mark when he gets home to see if he is okay or needs anything? Mark is a bachelor and doesn’t have family close by. I’m thinking he will be fine at home this time but it would ease my mind to know someone local would be available to check on him, do a grocery run, etc? His immune system is still recovering and he probably isn’t going to work at the gun shop for a while. His doctor wants him to keep a low profile until his immune system is stronger.

Mark didn’t ask me to post this and I would help him if I was closer. Mark has helped a lot of us on this site to secure ammo, scopes, guns, etc… and he has arranged donations from the gun shop as well. R&M Firearms has been good to Mark and to lots of us. He’s a good man and he’s missed a lot of work. Many of us on this site have combined hard work with a bit of luck to be successful and hunt in Africa. Sometimes there’s nothing that can feel better than giving back to someone or something. Please let me know if someone is available if Mark needs something. Thank you.

I had my two week post-op appointment today. Incisions are healing well and doctor very pleased with his handiwork! Lol. He said it was a fairly tough surgery. In two more weeks I will be on a stationary bike and should be walking the first or second week of February. So far, so good.View attachment 508381View attachment 508382
Interesting that your doctor seems to have the same level of carpentry skills that I do ;)

Get well soon buddy.

Pheroze

Interesting that your doctor seems to have the same level of carpentry skills that I do ;)

Get well soon buddy.

Pheroze
I promise you that reading the post-op surgical report was quite interesting. Had to do some informed improvising to keep the tibia rotated 20 degrees and secure. It wanted to partially de-rotate with just a bracket and screws (the original plan).

The Steadman Clinic in Vail is world-renowned and the hallways and patient rooms are full of framed, hand-written thank you notes with jerseys and pictures from the likes of Renaldo, Andre Aggasi, Dan Marino, Bruce Smith, Kobe, the US Ski Team, etc…. It does give you a sense that you are in good hands.
D28B871E-D87C-42A5-A919-B63DD5D10815.jpeg

I promise you that reading the post-op surgical report was quite interesting. Had to do some informed improvising to keep the tibia rotated 20 degrees and secure. It wanted to partially de-rotate with just a bracket and screws (the original plan).

The Steadman Clinic in Vail is world-renowned and the hallways and patient rooms are full of framed, hand-written thank you notes with jerseys and pictures from the likes of Renaldo, Andre Aggasi, Dan Marino, Bruce Smith, Kobe, the US Ski Team, etc…. It does give you a sense that you are in good hands.View attachment 508445

What a coincidence. I had my left knee done 15 years ago by Dr. Richard Steadman in Vail with complete success. That surgery let me begin my sheep hunting phase and have never looked back.

Top notch location in all aspects of Orthopedics!

HH

Well guys. Thanks for all the continued thoughts, prayers, texts and phone calls

I have been released again today. I really didn't want bring in the New Year in hospital.

Drs never pin pointed what caused last round of fevers that put me back in hospital. Blood cultures, urine cultures all ct scans, X-rays and ultra sounds showed nothing.

I am home resting and will see how it goes the next few days. I am weak but doing ok.
I have lost a total of 56 lbs in about 48 days. Which explains weakness and other issues. Not the way I wanted loose it.

Happy New Year to All

Glad you are home Mark. Stay strong brother, and happy new year to you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlendaMccl

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!