Possible 404 Jeffery Project

Witold
That is a fine looking rifle, one that anyone shold be proud to own.
 
I have the M70 in hand and am headed to my smith's today to sort out the project; sourcing for the barrel and sights (will almost certainly use NECG hooded ramp front and insland three leaf rear), work out stock options, etc. If anyone needs a nioe sporter stock from an M70 Classic or a 300 RUM barrel for the same (because yours is shot out :ROFLMAO:) let me know. I'll post here as we progress.
 
For all interested, the RSM .375 for $970 in Mobile proved to be some type of scam. I emailed him twice with email, phone #, and places I could meet up. But there was never any response. Oh well!
 
I e-mailed the head Smith at Ahlmans in Morristown Minnesota and asked if it was feasible to convert my M98 in 30-06 to 404 Jeff, and he said yes but he wants to take a close look at it before he commits to the job
 
Project status

Spec'd out the project with my smith a couple of weeks ago.
- Pac-nor #5 supermatch barrel 24 in
- NECG 3 leaf rear sight
- Williams hooded ramp front sight
- NECG barrel band swivel
- blueprint action and fit barrel
- Cerakote

I also purchased a surplus USRAC Super Express stock from Midwest Gunworks with pretty nice wood. Barrel is ordered with an expexcted 8 week turn around. Not much more will happen until the barrel arrives.
 
If you have even a slight interest in a 404 you will never be happy with a 416 Rem. May as well say "I'm thinking about getting a 1954 300SL, but the 2015 Camaro has more rear seat leg room." Get the 404 and enjoy life.
 
I'm going to try to use my same stock I'll have to drill it for cross bracing it has that ols school classic look. Sounds like your on your way,I better get some brass and bullets on order now,,I foresee a shortage in the near future
 
I e-mailed the head Smith at Ahlmans in Morristown Minnesota and asked if it was feasible to convert my M98 in 30-06 to 404 Jeff, and he said yes but he wants to take a close look at it before he commits to the job
Very good choice Rob44.
You will be contented.
Gool luck
 
The barrel came in last week and my smith has ordered the other parts below. They will be in next week, so this might be done by Christmas!

- NECG 3 leaf rear sight
- Williams hooded ramp front sight
- NECG barrel band swivel
 
That ammo is getting anxious!

Don't forget - pics are mandatory!
 
I've changed direction on my 404. I've decided to use a CZ550 Magnum Action for my 404 Build. I sought the owner and head Smith at CZ Custom shop and he has agreed to do me a semi custom shop 404 jeff, The only difference will be is I am supplying him with a Donor CZ in 375HH the rifle already has cross bolts installed from the factory so outside of a bedding It should work out fine, he uses McGowen Barrels and we have decided to go with a 24" barrel CZ seems to use a fast twist rate which seems to go against what I've read
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,386
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top