Pope Brothers Guide service

Diamondhitch

AH legend
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
3,027
Reaction score
868
Website
www.diamondhitch.webs.com
Deals & offers
1
Media
77
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
3
Europe
1
Asia/M.East
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
Has anyone hunted with Pope Brothers Guide Service out of Utopia Texas? I am considering a Bobcat and predator hunt with them next winter. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks
Derek
 
Never hunted with them myself but I have heard good things about them. You might try this question on the Texas Hunting Forum and get a better response.
 
Good idea. I didn't even realize there was a texas hunting forum but should have they have one for everything these days. thanks.
 
Never hunted with Pope Brothers Guide Service but I've got them saved to my favorites now thanks for letting us know I may try there mountain lion calling package. There prices aren't bad.
 
Hunted with them several years ago and had a decent enough time. Trip was not the most successful for me, and the weather was tough for calling so only a few of us were successful. Getting trophies back was tough. Make sure you alot enough time to get your hides stamped so you can take them with you. Or book with an outfitter who is registered to stamp hides.
 
Hunted with them several years ago and had a decent enough time. Trip was not the most successful for me, and the weather was tough for calling so only a few of us were successful. Getting trophies back was tough. Make sure you alot enough time to get your hides stamped so you can take them with you. Or book with an outfitter who is registered to stamp hides.

6mm have you got any pics from the hunt? What animals did you and your buddy's hunt. Bob
 
Interesting but mine will be staying to be tanned then shipped to Canada.
 
Hunted with them several years ago and had a decent enough time. Trip was not the most successful for me, and the weather was tough for calling so only a few of us were successful. Getting trophies back was tough. Make sure you alot enough time to get your hides stamped so you can take them with you. Or book with an outfitter who is registered to stamp hides.

The above post makes more sense when attached to the appropriate comment. LOL
 
Thanks for the posts guys. After considerable research I have booked for next Feb. The Called cougar intrigued me as well but this time we will be after Bobcat and Gray Fox (the species we do not have here at home). As stated you cant fight the weather and that was the one rider that Clay plainly stated as the biggest factor in calling, especially for Bobcat, so we will keep our fingers crossed. We are booked on the dark moon so the #2 factor is under control at least. I will also be after something that has interested me for a long time, Javelina. Im sure we will have a great time and Christine is really looking forward to it.
 
Thanks for the posts guys. After considerable research I have booked for next Feb. The Called cougar intrigued me as well but this time we will be after Bobcat and Gray Fox (the species we do not have here at home). As stated you cant fight the weather and that was the one rider that Clay plainly stated as the biggest factor in calling, especially for Bobcat, so we will keep our fingers crossed. We are booked on the dark moon so the #2 factor is under control at least. I will also be after something that has interested me for a long time, Javelina. Im sure we will have a great time and Christine is really looking forward to it.

i am sure she is now you have cleared up who/what was being left behind to be tanned then shipped!!;)
 
i am sure she is now you have cleared up who/what was being left behind to be tanned then shipped!!;)

We still gotta kill em before we can tan em though ;););)

Any tanning of Christine will be incidental!!! LOL
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,191
Members
169,722
Latest member
Gahdnaeet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top