Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
Has anyone hunted with Pope Brothers Guide Service out of Utopia Texas? I am considering a Bobcat and predator hunt with them next winter. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks
Derek

Never hunted with them myself but I have heard good things about them. You might try this question on the Texas Hunting Forum and get a better response.

Good idea. I didn't even realize there was a texas hunting forum but should have they have one for everything these days. thanks.

Never hunted with Pope Brothers Guide Service but I've got them saved to my favorites now thanks for letting us know I may try there mountain lion calling package. There prices aren't bad.

Hunted with them several years ago and had a decent enough time. Trip was not the most successful for me, and the weather was tough for calling so only a few of us were successful. Getting trophies back was tough. Make sure you alot enough time to get your hides stamped so you can take them with you. Or book with an outfitter who is registered to stamp hides.

Hunted with them several years ago and had a decent enough time. Trip was not the most successful for me, and the weather was tough for calling so only a few of us were successful. Getting trophies back was tough. Make sure you alot enough time to get your hides stamped so you can take them with you. Or book with an outfitter who is registered to stamp hides.

6mm have you got any pics from the hunt? What animals did you and your buddy's hunt. Bob

Interesting but mine will be staying to be tanned then shipped to Canada.

The above post makes more sense when attached to the appropriate comment. LOL

Thanks for the posts guys. After considerable research I have booked for next Feb. The Called cougar intrigued me as well but this time we will be after Bobcat and Gray Fox (the species we do not have here at home). As stated you cant fight the weather and that was the one rider that Clay plainly stated as the biggest factor in calling, especially for Bobcat, so we will keep our fingers crossed. We are booked on the dark moon so the #2 factor is under control at least. I will also be after something that has interested me for a long time, Javelina. Im sure we will have a great time and Christine is really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the posts guys. After considerable research I have booked for next Feb. The Called cougar intrigued me as well but this time we will be after Bobcat and Gray Fox (the species we do not have here at home). As stated you cant fight the weather and that was the one rider that Clay plainly stated as the biggest factor in calling, especially for Bobcat, so we will keep our fingers crossed. We are booked on the dark moon so the #2 factor is under control at least. I will also be after something that has interested me for a long time, Javelina. Im sure we will have a great time and Christine is really looking forward to it.

i am sure she is now you have cleared up who/what was being left behind to be tanned then shipped!!;)

i am sure she is now you have cleared up who/what was being left behind to be tanned then shipped!!;)

We still gotta kill em before we can tan em though ;););)

Any tanning of Christine will be incidental!!! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross