Politics

Screenshot_20221003-122752_Instagram.jpg

Tucker continues a personality trait that he shares with Donald Trump,

Is this a surprise? Want proof?

The trait to which I refer is the tendency to belittle someone with whom he has differences. President Trump used this trait when referring to candidates against whom he was running, coining derogatory nicknames. Most were humorous and sometimes accurate. Some were misplaced and errant. The most egregious example was when he referred to Ben Carson as a "so -so surgeon".

So what does Tucker do? Most recently, on several occasions he has referred to Bill Gates inventions of Micro-Soft as mediocre software. I'm not a computer geek that can qualitatively assess the virtues of various software programs, but it does appear to me that as successful and dominant as the products are, that mediocre is probably not a term that I would use to describe them.

QED

Question re "foreign aid"

I read in the news where congress and the president authorize "billions" of dollars in military and non-military aid to various countries. Some of these aid packets I learn were actually sales. Customers for these products were Israel, Egypt and other somewhat friendly mid-East countries.
But other aid packets appear to be gifts- things given to countries for use by the country that has interests parallel to the US. I'm wondering if this is the case with aid to Ukraine: Is the billions of dollars in form of military equipment being sent to Ukraine by the US and NATO countries a "gift" or are there some strings and conditions attached?

The trait to which I refer is the tendency to belittle someone with whom he has differences. President Trump used this trait when referring to candidates against whom he was running, coining derogatory nicknames. Most were humorous and sometimes accurate. Some were misplaced and errant. The most egregious example was when he referred to Ben Carson as a "so -so surgeon".

So what does Tucker do? Most recently, on several occasions he has referred to Bill Gates inventions of Micro-Soft as mediocre software. I'm not a computer geek that can qualitatively assess the virtues of various software programs, but it does appear to me that as successful and dominant as the products are, that mediocre is probably not a term that I would use to describe them.

QED
Trump would become insulting to make sure the message got delivered to the public. A factual comment will be distorted and filtered by the media. If he added the word PIG, or Fat Pig, they would play the whole damn clip on both TV and radio. It worked for him a hundreds times. It really worked on Twitter where libtards would repost his tweet to show the insult, which spread his message to a broader audience.

I don't watch TV so I can't comment on Tucker Carlson. I would guess it's not a stratagy as his audiance is already tuned in to his show.

. . . So what does Tucker do? Most recently, on several occasions he has referred to Bill Gates inventions of Micro-Soft as mediocre software. I'm not a computer geek that can qualitatively assess the virtues of various software programs, but it does appear to me that as successful and dominant as the products are, that mediocre is probably not a term that I would use to describe them.

QED
You mean the company that IBM paid to rework its software into MS-DOS? And then, screwed IBM out when it dumped OS2 for Windows? You mean the company that paid other software companies to write applications for "its" own software and then buy them out or worse. You mean the company that copies others for it's own use, instead of innovating it's own product? You mean the company, that software is full of bugs and bloatwear?

The best thing that I ever did was dump that operating system and buy an Apple. I have never had to pay for an operating system upgrade, and it's a far superior product.

QED

Maybe it's because Tucker Carlson has something else in common with Donald Trump in that he is incessantly and relentlessly attacked, and many of these attacks have gone way beyond verbal. Carlson and his family members have been harassed and assaulted and his livelihood is under constant attack by countless entities mostly from the left, but also from the right. Millions have been spent to get him off the air, and he has been investigated by the FBI and the NSA. Carlson has become the most feared conservative political pundit in the USA and these entities have demonstrated that they will do anything to attempt to destroy and discredit him.

Of course he's using his platform to attack and belittle those whom he feels have it coming. I certainly would.! And, of course he has an agenda, and it has proven to be a fairly successful one in pulling back the curtain on the ENTIRE swamp, not just the lefty swamp dwellers.. If you don't like his style or buy into his rhetoric, you can always change the channel.

. If you don't like his style or buy into his rhetoric, you can always change the channel.
Not Hardly- To What?? MSNBC? CNN??

I suppose there are "channels" by streaming the internet, but that is beyond my internet abilities.

My comments are meant more as constructive criticism- Trump would have benefited had he not tried to belittle people with clearly inaccurate words, and Tucker would keep more credibility if he didn't editorialize via derogatory comments that are not related to the topic.

Not Hardly- To What?? MSNBC? CNN??

I suppose there are "channels" by streaming the internet, but that is beyond my internet abilities.

My comments are meant more as constructive criticism- Trump would have benefited had he not tried to belittle people with clearly inaccurate words, and Tucker would keep more credibility if he didn't editorialize via derogatory comments that are not related to the topic.
I think you are wrong about Trump. You probably didn't like Rush Limbaugh by the sound of your complaints. They communicate in a way that most people understand and relate to. The left hates it and as such the squirmy, cowardly, acceptance seeking rhino's hate it too.

Maybe it's because Tucker Carlson has something else in common with Donald Trump in that he is incessantly and relentlessly attacked, and many of these attacks have gone way beyond verbal. Carlson and his family members have been harassed and assaulted and his livelihood is under constant attack by countless entities mostly from the left, but also from the right. Millions have been spent to get him off the air, and he has been investigated by the FBI and the NSA. Carlson has become the most feared conservative political pundit in the USA and these entities have demonstrated that they will do anything to attempt to destroy and discredit him.

Of course he's using his platform to attack and belittle those whom he feels have it coming. I certainly would.! And, of course he has an agenda, and it has proven to be a fairly successful one in pulling back the curtain on the ENTIRE swamp, not just the lefty swamp dwellers.. If you don't like his style or buy into his rhetoric, you can always change the channel.
I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I have been critical of Carlson in several posts as well. I should clarify my perceptions.

I am actually a big fan of Tucker. I watch him at least three times a week and regularly look at his streaming show. I have enormous respect for what he does. It is why the whole Ukraine thing frustrates me so much. It is perfectly OK to disagree with supporting Ukraine's fight to preserve its sovereignty. It is perfectly OK to believe allowing Ukraine to be extinguished to Putin's and Russia's benefit is in some twisted way in our national interest. I personally can not fathom that logic, but if one can make the case then do so. I am eager to hear and debate it.

What frustrates me is that he doesn't make that case. He uses a Russian tool like Douglas Macgregor as his sounding board - along with the consistently vacuous Tulsi Gabbard. No other experienced military leader of whom I am aware concurs with the nonsense Macgregor and ilk spout.

Carlson compares our spending on Ukraine and "protecting its border" to the southern border. I get his frustration with the fiasco Biden has created on the Rio Grande, but the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I understand the domestic political point he is trying to make. But if making a point undermines this nation's interests in preventing a resurgent Russian empire not only does that do a disservice to Ukraine, but it also undermines our own national security.

Clips of Tucker have become a staple on the Russian state propaganda TV channels. That is not good company to keep.

Last edited:
I think you are wrong about Trump. You probably didn't like Rush Limbaugh
One should be careful when making conclusions regarding other people. Your assumption of my feelings about Rush Limbaugh are unsupported and one might think that anyone reaching that conclusion based on the above text should really retake the sixth grade.

I am NOT wrong about Trump. One of his identifying traits is his application of nick-names to competitors. As I noted, most of the nick-names were supported in fact, however as with him calling Ben Carson a "so-so" physician he is clearly incorrect. I understand Pres Trump's advantages in making the visuals with various people and I don't have a problem with the tactic- it's just that on occasion he is incorrect and his credibility suffers a hit- as does Tuckers when he adds superfluous derogatory adjectives.

Speaking of spending (or not spending ) money on the war in Ukraine.

Read the thread, and even some of the comments. If this is true then the money we've and the sanctions may very well be the difference in the war when history looks back.

The thread sounds like something from a Ludlum book. Procure items for the military. Steal said items from the mlitary. Put the items for sale on Russian ebay. Require drafted conscripts to buy items and bring them to war. Wow!

On another topic regarding Tucker Carlson- someone on here may have information and I would appreciate closure on the issue, regarding those that want Tucker taken off of the air.

It may have been two years ago, there was a demonstration outside Tuckers home. He reported that there was some vandalism and that there were threats made against him and his family by some of the demonstrators. The demonstrators were not named but Tucker said that one of the demonstrators may have been a guest that had appeared on Tuckers show some time prior to the event.
I never heard anymore about it- so I left to wonder, was the "demonstrator" a person that had been interviewed by Tucker and if so, what nerve!!
At any rate, I haven't heard Tucker say anything further about the incident, so if someone on here has the conclusion to the story, I'd appreciate hearing it.

1664843343803.jpeg

Anyone catching some of the news feeds out of Europe. All unconfirmed at this stage, but suggests that Ukrainians have made a massive push into Kherson with Russian forces collapsing. If true (and it sounds too good to be true) it would mean that the only supply routes the Russian forces in Crimea have left are the E105 in the NE and the bridge across the Kerch straight. Neither of which will last long if the Ukrainians so choose.

Anyone catching some of the news feeds out of Europe. All unconfirmed at this stage, but suggests that Ukrainians have made a massive push into Kherson with Russian forces collapsing. If true (and it sounds too good to be true) it would mean that the only supply routes the Russian forces in Crimea have left are the E105 in the NE and the bridge across the Kerch straight. Neither of which will last long if the Ukrainians so choose.

Yeah, I've seen some similar buzz on Twitter. We shall know soon enough I suppose.

Let’s hope it’s true. It was a really bad idea to piss off the Ukrainians!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross