Politics

I do Like Doug Macgregor, (Retired U.S. Army Colonel)'s thoughts.
He's very informed.
I served at the same time as Macgregor. I became aware of him shortly after the Gulf War. He is not one of my favorite people.

He has, in the public mind at least, successfully claimed credit for the victory at the battle of 73 Easting (First Gulf War) where he was actually a squadron operations officer. Yes he participated and had a meaningful job, but the battle was conducted by the 2nd ACR commander COL Holder and the man at the point of the attack was Captain H.R. McMaster. Holder and McMaster were both eventually promoted to Lieutenant General while Macgregor never made Brigadier and retired as a colonel.

Shortly before retiring, he wrote a book called "Breaking the Phalanx" which generated some discussion in the Army. He advocated reorganizing the Army around battalion-sized combat groups and largely doing away with Brigade and Division structure - bold recommendations from a savant who had never commanded a brigade or division. As I noted, the book was interesting, the CSA even recommended reading it, but no one found it particularly compelling. Our every experience since has confirmed the notion that the brigade is the smallest practical self-sustaining combat formation.

He then began to peddle his theories internationally where he could more easily find an audience interested in his criticism of the US defense establishment. As the Russian Federation Army went through its reorganization, a design that looked remarkably like Macgregor's concepts (i.e. the Russian Battalion Tactical Group) he found an audience on Russian State TV where he invariably lauded the Russian Army and criticized NATO armed forces.

At the start of this conflict, Tucker Carlson had him on regularly where he would intone in his John Kerry like voice that 'Ukraine has already lost this war" while offering constant praise for Russian performance in the conflict. Tucker is starting to look ridiculous giving him airtime. But then there are uninformed people who believe him rather than their lying eyes because it fits what they want to believe about the administration.

The organization model he triumphed is being destroyed by a nation with a third of Russia's population, but trained in the Western way of war and using US concepts of organization for combat - the Brigade Combat Team. I know of no senior American officer, who has had any real responsibility commanding large formations of troops, who takes him seriously.

To put it bluntly, were he to walk into a room in which I was sitting, I would walk out.

Lest they be forgotten, one of his brilliant assessments back in March.

To remind, over the last 72 hours the Ukrainian Army has handed Russia another crushing defeat around the city of Lyman - an enclave the dictator in the Kremlin wanted held at all costs.

Last edited:
I served at the same time as Macgregor. I became aware of him shortly after the Gulf War. He is not one of my favorite people.

He has, in the public mind at least, successfully claimed credit for the victory at the battle of 73 Easting (First Gulf War) where he was actually a squadron operations officer. Yes he participated and had a meaningful job, but the battle was conducted by the 2nd ACR commander COL Holder and the man at the point of the attack was Captain H.R. McMaster. Holder and McMaster were both eventually promoted to Lieutenant General while Macgregor never made Brigadier and retired as a colonel.

Shortly before retiring, he wrote a book called "Breaking the Phalanx" which generated some discussion in the Army. He advocated reorganizing the Army around battalion-sized combat groups and largely doing away with Brigade and Division structure - bold recommendations from a savant who had never commanded a brigade or division. As I noted, the book was interesting, the CSA even recommended reading it, but no one found it particularly compelling. Our every experience since has confirmed the notion that the brigade is the smallest practical self-sustaining combat formation.

He then began to peddle his theories internationally where he could more easily find an audience interested in his criticism of the US defense establishment. As the Russian Federation Army went through its reorganization, a design that looked remarkably like Macgregor's concepts (i.e. the Russian Battalion Tactical Group) he found an audience on Russian State TV where he invariably lauded the Russian Army and criticized NATO armed forces.

At the start of this conflict, Tucker Carlson had him on regularly where he would intone in his John Kerry like voice that 'Ukraine has already lost this war" while offering constant praise for Russian performance in the conflict. Tucker is starting to look ridiculous giving him airtime. But then there are uninformed people who believe him rather than their lying eyes because it fits what they want to believe about the administration.

The organization model he triumphed is being destroyed by a nation with a third of Russia's population, but trained in the Western way of war and using US concepts of organization for combat - the Brigade Combat Team. I know of no senior American officer, who has had any real responsibility commanding large formations of troops, who takes him seriously.

To put it bluntly, were he to walk into a room in which I was sitting, I would walk out.

Lest they be forgotten, one of his brilliant assessments back in March.

To remind, over the last 72 hours the Ukrainian Army has handed Russia another crushing defeat around the city of Lyman - an enclave the dictator in the Kremlin wanted held at all costs.

So if I understand what you are saying, Macgregor is an inadvertent successful American plant into the Russian military establishment whose purpose is to sabotage the Russian military structure, all the while keeping American television watchers confused.(y):cool:

Not my info. Check the links provided in the article if interested.

"The conspiracy theorists" we're demonized aggressively 2 years ago when the safe and effective various brands of vaccines were released. Not so safe nor effective anymore apparently...

So if I understand what you are saying, Macgregor is an inadvertent successful American plant into the Russian military establishment whose purpose is to sabotage the Russian military structure, all the while keeping American television watchers confused.(y):cool:
That is pretty funny actually. And to give him credit, he seems to do a pretty good job at it.

I am no psychologist, but I suspect that he has never fully come to grips with the radical notion that he may not be quite as smart as he believes he is. He also seems to crave attention. Contrarian opinion on most defense topics seems to work for him. He keeps interesting company as well. The other American "defense expert" getting lots of Russian air time is Scott Ritter. If you use google, you can find him listed under convicted pedophiles among his other headings. Tucker has at least had the good sense not to give him airtime.

What frustrates me about Carlson is that he has immediate access to Kellogg and Keane - either of whom can provide him and his viewers with a rational, informed, and accurate Ukrainian tour d'horizon. But of course, neither would fit the narrative Tucker is trying to create.

Last edited:
With regard to US involvement in Russia-Ukraine conflict- there are two questions that should be answered: What does victory look like, and what level of "diversion" of US aid is acceptable? From what I've seen neither of these questions has been asked, let alone answered.

Not my info. Check the links provided in the article if interested.

"The conspiracy theorists" we're demonized aggressively 2 years ago when the safe and effective various brands of vaccines were released. Not so safe nor effective anymore apparently...

That tidbit of an unmanned underwater drone full of explosives that had been found next to Nordstream 2 in 2015 is rather interesting... Recovered by the Swedes and subsequently the origin of it was never disclosed...

Wonder if we get a short squeeze bull rally before things get ugly.
1664659134968.png

1664662217530.png

Always a brightside LOL

Where do US Citizens get are information from to make a Logical Decision on what the Truth is.
There are very few Journalists, as most are activists ..
I'm still troubled by the withdrawal from Afghanistan, attacks on conservatives from the FBI, etc. General Lloyd Austin, Blinken, Milley, etc. @Red Leg

Simply, Thank you for the Info, it's all taken into the consideration.

Is There any thoughts on the Nordstream Pipeline Explosion?

Where do US Citizens get are information from to make a Logical Decision on what the Truth is.
There are very few Journalists, as most are activists ..
I'm still troubled by the withdrawal from Afghanistan, attacks on conservatives from the FBI, etc. General Lloyd Austin, Blinken, Milley, etc. @Red Leg

Simply, Thank you for the Info, it's all taken into the consideration.

Is There any thoughts on the Nordstream Pipeline Explosion?
Something like 95% of all media is controlled by six huge conglomerates. Today there is not a single source of news or information that can be trusted outright. Media does not report and inform. It is more profitable for them to propagandizes and manipulates.

Everything should be viewed with a high level of sceptsism. Follow the money and use your god given common sense.

Not even car, sports, medical or kids magazines are safe. Car & Driver for example is run by Hearst Communications which controls over 250 magazines, tons of newspapers as well as massive TV and radio interests. The same people who control the San Francisco Chronicle steer the direction and weaponization of Car and Driver. Leftist electric vehicle propaganda runs wild along with tons of subtle global warming garbage mixed into every article. There is propaganda in every article they publish.

Your bullshit meter must remain on high-level at all times. The world media has been weaponized against you. You are not their customer, you are their product.

p.s .. As EV's were getting towed to dealerships around here, .. I asked them "What does it Cost to Fill a Full Charge?" $80.00!

1664725248741.png

If I had to bet the house - I'd put it on it being Russia's latest a-symmetric warfare strategy

Though I feel that the destruction of the two pipelines is more about bluster than military gain.

He can't attack Norwegian pipelines without a very real risk of involving NATO, so he targeted his own assets in an implied threat against Norwegian gas infrastructure.

The RN spends a lot of its time shadowing Russian assets that attempt to cut (or practice cutting) transatlantic communication cables, so Putin has the tools and tactics to carry this out, however I can't see any Russian boat, diesel or nuclear, operating undetected in the Baltic Sea (it is awash with some very good ASW assets from a host of maritime powers in the area) - so the suggestion of an explosive pig is an interesting one.

I don't believe the West carried it out, as the upside for the West is minimal and, even if credible, it represents a long term gain in a short term game

More generally Putin increasingly appears to be holding the loosing hand. He is failing on the battle field and failing politically with a sizable chunk of his populous.

His latest announcement on the stage in Red Square has set him up for a major fall when 5000 of his men abandon the positions that the electorate had apparently just voted by 99% to gift to Russia - That's going to take some explaining and natty footwork!

Even if Putin can't see the endgame, I bet some of those around him, who might yet save their hides, can now see how this might well end

Putin, in a bunker, with a tokarev as his only friend - who wants to join him at that party?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg