Politics

Forget us going to war with anyone. 75% of youths can't pass the muster for the military, any service.

The bigger issue is that obesity is not just a problem amoung the general population but amoung active army soldiers as well.

Look at this anthropometric study done by the US army:

Press control F and enter waist circumference. Look at the waist circumference percentiles. 40" is the 75th percentile for waist circumference. 37" is around the 50th-55th percentile. A man with a 40" waist is considered to be obese. A man with a waist between 37-40" is considered overweight. So about a 1/4 of active army personnel are obese. Another 20-25% are overweight. So in total about 45-50% of active male service members in the US army are either overweight or obese.

Short of a DEXA scan, a person's waist circumference is the best indicator of how much body fat that person is carrying...

The expanded waistline is a symptom. The problems/causes are more serious. These include lack of physical activity, diets high in calorie dense foods and genetics from ancestors where starvation was a very real concern. The results lead to all the health problems present in today's society: What used to be call hardening of the arteries, clogging of the arteries, reduced blood to the brain and vital organs. The list goes on, but it gets back to too many calories in, too few out.

I agree! I would make it a 1 year, or 6 months plus monthly drills for a total of 2 years.
Add to that, technical training and more college money for more years of service.
Let those who do not want to train for war be in non-combatant specialties.

The above is a simple fix to a complex problem but national service for young people would be good for them. Hopefully the military would also benefit...
I do and always have believed in mandatory military service for young men and women right out of High School. A 2 or 4 year term will give them a good look at this world and hopefully steer them in the right direction. They have no idea of real life and really don't know what they want to do. And a healthy dose of discipline and responsibility can work wonders.

I think King Charles will be accepted and be a good king. Knowing that William and Kate are next in line will buoy the monarchy up and see Charles through.
Charles II was well-liked by history. Hopefully Charles III will be likewise.

I think King Charles will be accepted and be a good king. Knowing that William and Kate are next in line will buoy the monarchy up and see Charles through.

I hope you are right. We are in the UK currently. The church bells are ringing.

Hats off to the UK on the loss of their Queen.

Hard to believe it all started at Treetops in Kenya.

The Empire certainly changed during her reign but she probably handled "The Wind of Change" as gracefully and stoically as could be done. RIP

I always had this idea that upon the passing of Queen Elisabeth II, King Charles would abdicate soon after, placing the new young couple William and Kate on the throne.

I always had this idea that upon the passing of Queen Elisabeth II, King Charles would abdicate soon after, placing the new young couple William and Kate on the throne.
With Charles in his 70s, I would think he'll abdicate quickly to allow William V the crown. But I'm an American. We only vote for kings here. :p

1662661576012.png

Hats off to the UK on the loss of their Queen.

Hard to believe it all started at Treetops in Kenya.

The Empire certainly changed during her reign but she probably handled "The Wind of Change" as gracefully and stoically as could be done. RIP

As Jim Corbett penned, she went up the tree a princess and came down a queen.

There will be no abdication - Charles will be King until his death

Harry and his side kick are a couple of parasites

She owes us nothing, so although I have no respect for her, she is not in the same league as the tool she married

Agreed, he is unworthy of his family.

I had the good fortune to see Her Majesty face to face on two separate occasions in my life. The first time was when I graduated from the University of London in 1965. She was awarding all of the students their certificates during the graduation ceremony. Second time was 18 years later when she made a state visit to Bangladesh in 1983. The country had just become independent 12 years prior. I was posted in Khulna at that time, being the Divisional Forest Officer of the Sundarbans. She was a most gracious lady. She loved to drink tea with lemon and really enjoyed meringue biscuits from Olympia Bakery. She treated even lowly forest guards and train attendants with respect.
6E87B11F-413D-4872-B20A-7CBE5C095281.jpeg

Rest in Peace, Your Majesty.

I hate that disgraceful delinquent Harry and his attention seeking gold digger of a wife too. Simply leaving the Royal family wasn’t enough for them. After failing to get any spotlight in America, they had to return to Great Britain so that Meghan could go on talk shows and bitch about how “Unfair the Royals were to her”.

Last edited:
I had the good fortune to see Her Majesty face to face on two separate occasions in my life. The first time was when I graduated from the University of London in 1965. She was awarding all of the students their certificates during the graduation ceremony. Second time was when she made a state visit to Bangladesh in 1983. The country had just become independent 12 years prior. I was posted in Khulna at that time, being the Divisional Forest Officer of the Sundarbans. She was a most gracious lady. She loved to drink tea with lemon and really enjoyed meringue biscuits from Olympia Bakery.
View attachment 488006
Rest in Peace, your Majesty.

I hate that disgraceful delinquent Harry and his attention seeking gold digger of a wife too. Simply leaving the Royal family wasn’t enough for them. After failing to get any spotlight in America, they had to return to Great Britain so that Meghan could go on talk shows and bitch about how “Unfair the Royals were to her”.
Is that you in the military camo uniform and blue beret?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you