Politics

11FEDDE6-EDEE-4E84-89D7-A48311A7617E.jpeg

Russian media: Lukoil chairman dies after falling from hospital window​

Maganov died by suicide, Tass news agency said Thursday, citing an unidentified law enforcement official with knowledge of the matter. The 67-year old was in a hospital after a heart attack and was also taking antidepressant drugs, according to the report. Law enforcement officials are working on the scene, according to Interfax.

Maganov joined Lukoil, Russia’s second-largest oil producer, shortly after the company was founded and was in charge of the company’s upstream business. Thanks to his “managerial talent, Lukoil evolved from a small oil production group to one of the world’s leading energy companies,” the oil producer said in an emailed statement. He had been suffering from a “severe illness,” it said.

In recent years, the executive had participated in regular meetings at the Russian Energy Ministry alongside other oil companies, discussing the nation’s position on production levels ahead of OPEC+ meetings. He was appointed chairman in 2020.

Lukoil was the only Russian oil producer to call for a “fast resolution of the military conflict” in Ukraine early March, just after Moscow’s invasion of its neighbor entered its second week. Vagit Alekperov, the company’s founder, chief executive officer and also a major shareholder, announced his resignation in April after being targeted by international sanctions.
He and Epstein are discussing the details of their suicides.

I think people have a tendency to conflate Gorbachev with Yeltsin. The disaster of the 90s really rests on Yeltsin and not Gorbachev. When you have the West being concerned, not out of altruistic reasons but because of Russia's huge WMD stockpile, how weak Russia got under Yeltsin- that kinda speaks volumes. I apologize for speaking this way about your former president, but from my point of view Yeltsin was nothing more than a drunk thief.
Yeltsin has his own "merits" (by the way, he is not a thief), and Gorbachev has enough of his own load of sins. I'll repeat myself: he committed an official crime, being the president of the country, did not fight for its preservation. If you imagine a similar situation: the governors of Texas, California and Ohio gather and declare the United States dissolved - and the president collects things in a cardboard box and leaves the White House. And the population of the USSR in the 1991 referendum voted for the preservation of the Union, for example, in Ukraine, only three western regions (out of 20+) and the city of Kiev spoke out "against". But the population did not have a mechanism for realizing its desires. Some modern analogies can be pointed out.
In the West, the destruction of the Soviet Union is seen as a good thing, so the attitude towards Gorbachev is rather good; in the post-Soviet space, the situation is different.

Accidentally? I thought it was a conscious decision. (guns for the Taliban)

Reactions: RTG
Probably 1970's I read an article about the USSR/Russia that said it took 10 years to get a new car. The used car would sell for as much as a new car to someone that didn't want to wait 10 years to get a new one. They also said car owners removed windsheld wipers outside mirrors etc anything that could be stolen off the parked car.
It seems a lot has changed regardless of who has been in office.
Exterior mirrors at that time, in my opinion, were not removable. But it doesn't matter. What does petty theft have to do with it? One of my friends, who now lives in the USA, complained that for the second time in a year thieves got into his car, breaking the glass - he forgot some small thing in the cabin, in my opinion, a pump. What does this prove?
In the 70s, the USSR was poorer not only than the USA, but also than Europe: all resources were spent not on consumption, but on investment, in particular, on the construction of gas and oil pipelines and the development of fields. Then it gave results. And own production of cars was small, and this is natural. Do you think Gorbachev took new Mercedes Cars out of his pocket and distributed them to the impoverished population? Then there would be a better attitude towards him now, I assure you. His economic policy was a failure, and this is the mildest word.

1662085984031.png

1662086079919.png

6th grade English class sentence diagram:

Build Back Better

Subject: Implied You
Verb: Build
Prepositional Phrase: Back Better

What does this mean? It means that the people with the Bidet's campaign have less than a 6th grade education of they would have been able to have a slogan with at least normally accepted grammar- Something such as (You) Make America Great Again- Accept that that is already used.

When you don't have a single person leading, but rather a cabal of advisers waiting to have their go at the teleprompter all you will get is a gray mouth piece. Let alone consistency, it has no character, no soul.

Actually, in that instance I think 'back' and 'better' both serve as adverbs, not as a prepositional phrase, with 'back' modifying 'build' and 'better' modifying 'back'.

You try to make out that the countries that left the union did so with a sad face. Absolute rubbish! How many of those countries have WILLINGLY rejoined "the union"...zero! They cannot break away fast enough. Russia is an imperialistic regime. A failed country where there are a few rich people and millions of dirt poor people. Communism is a stain on humanity! You and other Russians will have to get it into your heads sooner or later that no country wants to be occupied, especially not by Russia.

If Russia wants to be accepted into the global community then they had better learn to play nice. Russia needs the world far far more than the world needs Russia. It would be a simple thing to isolate Russia for the rest of time. Energy can be obtained from elsewhere. The days of the Tzar and acting like the world is free to invade and plunder are over. Get with the program or forever be little more than a third world country pretending to be of importance. If you didn't have nukes you would be as important as a flea on a dog's ass.

Russia can be welcomed and embraced by the world as a brother but Russia wants to be antagonistic and keep communism alive and spread throughout the world for no good reason. It is too proud to say that communism is as absolute failure in both idea and practice. It has failed in Russia and in every single country in Africa, South America and everywhere else.

Stop screwing around and invading your neighbours, plain and simple!
Yeltsin has his own "merits" (by the way, he is not a thief), and Gorbachev has enough of his own load of sins. I'll repeat myself: he committed an official crime, being the president of the country, did not fight for its preservation. If you imagine a similar situation: the governors of Texas, California and Ohio gather and declare the United States dissolved - and the president collects things in a cardboard box and leaves the White House. And the population of the USSR in the 1991 referendum voted for the preservation of the Union, for example, in Ukraine, only three western regions (out of 20+) and the city of Kiev spoke out "against". But the population did not have a mechanism for realizing its desires. Some modern analogies can be pointed out.
In the West, the destruction of the Soviet Union is seen as a good thing, so the attitude towards Gorbachev is rather good; in the post-Soviet space, the situation is different.

1662123219810.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leatha89G

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob