Politics

What we may be about to see.
1600539684276.png

Being Hispanic, Barbara Lagoa may have that going for her. Evidently these democrats confirmed her for the eleventh circuit.

Hassan NH
Heinrich NM
Jones AL
Kaine VA
Baldwin WI
Blumenthal CT
Cardin MD
Carper DE
Casey PA
Coons DE
Duckworth IL
Durbin IL
Feinstein CA
Leahy VT
Manchin WV
Murphy CT
Menendez NJ
Peters MI
Reed RI
Shaheen NH
Sinema AZ

Would a Manchin or Sinema vote against her?

Would a Collins, Murkowski or Romney vote to keep a Hispanic woman off SCOTUS?

Wonder if she might be moving up the list. :unsure:

Some tweets age well. :p

5g0FC8XX_normal.jpg

Barack Obama
@BarackObama
· Aug 30, 2016
Summer's almost over, Senate leaders. #DoYourJob

Some quotes are memorable.

1600546207346.png

Some quotes are memorable.

View attachment 368420
But but but, that was a Democrat telling a Republican, not the other way around.

A lot like when Sen. Reed decided to go nuclear on the number of Senators that it took to confirm and pass a law.

It's all coming back to bite them and the Democrats don't like it

My concern that this election will not be settled by either party conceding Results will be weeks in coming, possibly not by inauguration, now we do have a constitutional crisis. I recently received a printed letter from the Illinois Secretary of State, Jesse White( D) encouraging me to vote by mail. instructions to vote by mail. SIX languages....
I thought only US citizens could vote...also that to become a naturalized citizen you were required to read and speak English. So why so many instructions in different languages....not so subtle on the part of the Dems for mail in votes. What a travesty to a system that has worked well over 250 years.

Last edited:
1600552625744.png

@375 Ruger Fan ,

I'm already rethinking my zero comment. Let's see what the next week brings but it sure feels like the desire is there.

Before Kavanaugh, you are probably right on very low chance of a vote before the election.

Now, all bets are off. I would go with a vote before the election. Just read something where five nominees have been confirmed after the election and prior to the new Senate being sworn in. That could happen too.

If the nominee is either ACB or Lagoa, they have already been vetted and confirmed by the Senate in the last three years. Would Graham subject either of these ladies to be Borked, Thomased or Kavanaughed. Wonder what the chances are of no hearings. Nominee and a vote.

My bet is if McConnell has the votes it takes place prior to the election. If not the nominee is confirmed between the election and the new senate being seated.

Reactions: WAB
Trump will announce next week, probably a woman....the Dems had a conference call today at 1:00 pm to discuss the situation. Sandra Day Oconnor was approved in 19 days. So nothing is out of the question. As Obama said....elections have consequences...bet he regrets that statement now. Now the show begins with the Senate Judiciary Committee being the main attraction With the Q and A coming from the Dems that will be a real side show never before seen since the McCarthy era hearings that would come in a distant second to this upcoming inquisition of the nominee. The True Colors of the Dems will be seen by Millions, before the election, IF Graham calls the hearing at all.

The USA has labelled both Canada and the EU as threats to their "National Security"

Reports: Authorities Intercept Package Containing Ricin Mailed to the White House, Addressed to Trump
Law enforcement agents intercepted a package addressed to the White House containing the toxic poison ricin earlier this week according to CNN and the New York Times.

The package was addressed to President Donald Trump.

An official speaking to the New York Times said the letter is believed to have been sent from Canada.

Sarah was in the fertilized egg business. She had several hundred young pullets and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.
She kept records and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.
This took a lot of time, so she bought some tiny bells and attached them to her roosters. Each bell had a different tone, so she could tell from a distance which rooster was performing. Now, she could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.
Sarah's favourite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen but, this morning she noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! When she went to investigate, she saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.
To Sarah's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job, and walk on to the next one.
Sarah was so proud of old Butch, she entered him in a Show and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.
The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Peace Prize" they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.
Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention?

Vote carefully in the next election. You can't always hear the bells.

If all three go against and it is hung, what of the Pence casting vote?

Don't forget, it looks like McSally will lose in AZ. If she indeed does her opponent will be sworn in right away as it is a replacement election.

That leaves GOP with a maximum of 2 defections.

There are 23 Senate seats held by Republicans up for grabs, and 12 Democrat seats.

Mitch McConnell, stated that right now it is a 50/50 proposition on maintaining control of the Senate. Very tight races in the works.

At this point, a Democrat Senate scares me. A nightmare of epic proportions.

I pray, that the silent majority turns up at the polls in droves. The fate of this country depends on it.

My missus has put in the thing to fax in her vote because she lives over here in Australia but has/will have voted for Trump 2/2 times now :D

Don't forget, it looks like McSally will lose in AZ. If she indeed does her opponent will be sworn in right away as it is a replacement election.

That leaves GOP with a maximum of 2 defections.

According to this NYT article, it says Kelly (McSally's opponent) could be sworn in as early as Nov 30, if the election results are certified.

Given the mail in ballot issue, etc, a perfect storm is brewing.

Susan Collins has already broken ranks, says wait for the next president. She's your typical self centered politician, more worried about here job than the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg