Politics

That's true, but sea vessel's use pumps and plumbing to pump sea water for engine cooling and what not.

Advances in plastics have made that more economical. At one time all of that had to be plumbed in stainless steel with integrated zinc anodes. Now the majority of wet systems can be plumbed with schedule 80 composite pipes held together with two part primer adhesives. Makes labour and insulation way more economical. Should actually translate to what you guys were talking about with data structures as there would be no real need for stainless or brass piping like we use in the marine sector.
 
What I want to know is: If we don't have the electric capacity to fuel the data centers, where the hell are we going to get the electric capacity to charge everyone's electric cars?
 
Been dealing with refugees from Canukistan most of my life and will offer a couple of tips should you make it this far south.
Florida Highway Patrol will not fine you for using turn signals and all speed limit signs represent miles per hour NOT kilometers per hour!
I spend my maximum days each year in AZ during the winter. I use to haunt Florida a couple weeks a year when I worked. Never met any fine officers of the Florida HP.
 
An insult,dripping vitriol and properly delivered, has been a high art form for centuries, especially in the political sphere.
 
An insult,dripping vitriol and properly delivered, has been a high art form for centuries, especially in the political sphere.
Winston Churchill was famously quite good at it.
 
I assume new data centers will use a more modern cooling system. Last time I checked those cooling systems use more electricity than evap water coolers, pick your poison. Soooo… add that to the basic, large power demand and no way around the inevitable of higher electricity cost to every consumer.

There’s no such thing as closed loop capture of electrons I’m aware of :):) Now, if only a data center could make diesel fuel, or make anything for that matter ;)
the data centers are something i am not entirely knowledgeable about as well.

i have heard however, a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth lately regarding the placement of data centers. my question to the not in my back yard folks is.....why not? you gonna give up your cell phone, and the apps that every one uses for finance, maps, uber, etc? where do they think the storage space for 10,000 selfies comes from? and of course everyone wants to use AI, grock, chat gpt, etc. where do they think the storage and memory for all this electronic data comes from?

so i hope the people that actually bitch about the data storage centers will at least put their money where their mouth is and quit using their phones, computers, tablets, cars (with onboard computers) netflix, disney+ etc. but, that is about as likely as me voting democrat. :sneaky:
 
I'll give kudos to Trump for it during the primary and election seasons. "Little Marco", "Lying Ted", "Low Energy" Ben Carson, "Crooked Hillary" etc., etc.
Name calling and insults are not effective on me. It only convinces me that the person using them is of low intelligence.
 
"the drunken whore of a hyena"

For using such "refined language", you'd end up in jail in other countries.
It seems like standards are going down the drain everywhere.

That’s the beauty of living free vs somewhere the government represses its people.

Unfortunately we seem to be on a slippery slope and appear to be giving up our freedoms a tiny bit more every year…

Death from a thousand paper cuts.
 
Especially when used in conjunction with electricity, electrolysis would be a major concern.
Salt water and electricity (from a 12v battery charger) is how I burn makers marks into the knife blades I make.

I can literally burn through a millimeter of hardened steel in about 30 seconds.
 
Name calling and insults are not effective on me. It only convinces me that the person using them is of low intelligence.

So Winston Churchill, Bill Mahr, Mark Twain, and Oscar Wilde are/were of low intelligence?

The list of highly intelligent people known for their wit and ability to throw insults with perfect timing and delivery is actually incredibly long… and many psychologists will tell you that it’s a sign of high verbal intelligence and strong cognitive flexibility…
 
Name calling and insults are not effective on me. It only convinces me that the person using them is of low intelligence.
A proper insult, properly delivered actually marks a person of high intelligence. Trump does pass out insults but he doesn't do it with class. The British, especially Winston Churchill as was pointed out, seem to be very good at it, at least until recently when they have been threatened with jail. All that being said, to quote Charlie Chan, "Insult like poison. Only effective if taken."
 
That’s the beauty of living free vs somewhere the government represses its people.

Unfortunately we seem to be on a slippery slope and appear to be giving up our freedoms a tiny bit more every year…

Death from a thousand paper cuts.

I don´t think that is the question.

We have free speech in Europe, at least in western Europe, however, if you insult someone, then that person has the right to take you to court .

As an example, I can say my President is an incompetent, (which he is), but if I
call him a son of a b****, he can take me to court, I will certainly not go to jail, but will be fined.

It´s a question of civility
 
Name calling and insults are not effective on me. It only convinces me that the person using them is of low intelligence.
Trump’s nicknames for his opponents worked to trivialize them, so was effective. People concentrated on the insults rather than their substance and message. As a political ploy it was brilliant.
 
So Winston Churchill, Bill Mahr, Mark Twain, and Oscar Wilde are/were of low intelligence?

The list of highly intelligent people known for their wit and ability to throw insults with perfect timing and delivery is actually incredibly long… and many psychologists will tell you that it’s a sign of high verbal intelligence and strong cognitive flexibility…

To be fair, the insults thrown by the likes of Churchill, that show great intellect, are hardly comparable to some bumpkin calling people names.
 
To be fair, the insults thrown by the likes of Churchill, that show great intellect, are hardly comparable to some bumpkin calling people names.
Then there is the fine line between a proper insult and slander. Could be in the eyes of the insulted or slandered.
 
I don’t know why you would make any assumptions about how I raise my children since I am not even the one who referred to Harris as such. Not that I disagree with the sentiment very much.

If you are that interested, I will tell you plainly that I do not. I expect my children to be respectful of the offices of political leaders, if not the leader themselves. Not that it is any of your business.

That is neither here nor there. The question is whether jailing people for insulting politicians or anyone else constitutes freedom of speech and the answer is emphatically no. Now, being from a country that had to transition from fascism to democracy within living memory, I can see how you might be troubled. Anything seems freer than gestapo taking you away in the middle night but that’s not how we operate here in the US. The elected government is not our parent, they have no business or responsibility policing our speech outside of credible threats of violence. Whether Kamala Harris is called a whore or Ricarda Lang is called fat, nothing is harmed except for perhaps a politicians fragile ego. In fact, I think most of Ontario Hunter’s posts are nonsense but I would never want to see the day where he was arrested for insulting Trump. That’s his right and, if he truly believes what he’s saying, perhaps even his duty.
If you think my posts are nonsense, then you must think Trump speaks and writes nonsense too since I'm typically just quoting him.

Kamala Harris wasn't my cup of tea but it's impossible for me to believe she could have made a bigger fool of herself or worse mess of everything than Trump has the last two years. I mean, not just the occasional faux pas. Every day, day after day. Now I see Trump's tariff on Canadian potash has gone out the window. He thought it made more sense to import potash from Putin's brutal puppet state Belarus half way around the world. How utterly stupid is that? Besides being morally corrupt it made no economic sense. But woe to any news network that points out the folly. He will kick them out of the White House which last time I looked was a public building.

You clowns think I'm a "liberal." I'm not. Typically in the past I'd vote as often for Democrat or Republican. But I have a thing about an autocratic abusive immoral VERY STUPID idiot running the best country in the world into the ground. And taking the rest of the planet down the drain in the process. What amazes me is how so many people in the US can continue to make excuses for him day after day after day. I guess that's because the alternative is admitting they screwed up putting a nut job in the White House ... again. Give yourself a shot of Lysol and say a prayer to Jesus Trump to save you when the poison sinks in. :D
 
A proper insult, properly delivered actually marks a person of high intelligence. Trump does pass out insults but he doesn't do it with class. The British, especially Winston Churchill as was pointed out, seem to be very good at it, at least until recently when they have been threatened with jail. All that being said, to quote Charlie Chan, "Insult like poison. Only effective if taken."
There's a difference between artfully putting someone down with clever and thoughtful articulation vs someone who isn't smart enough to use language above a fourth grade educated pimp to make the same point.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,240
Messages
1,569,327
Members
168,653
Latest member
hemi 392
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top