Politics

At every house we toured, the realtor maneuvered us quickly to show us the extraordinary things the owners had done with the basements. Next stop were the expansive heated garages - with great emphasis on the heated thing. As we left the last one, light snow flurries were blowing. It dawned on both of us why basements and heated garages were such selling points.
Yeah, That being said people do develop tolerances. I could never handle the cold like my last wife did. Here is a pic of her after a climbing hike in snow, in sandals.

1752773666809.jpeg
 
Coming from someone who was born and raised in Minnesota, I would never move back there, even if the cold seems like it would be a relief compared to the sweltering inferno of the Arizona desert.
Some years back I went to Montana for awhile, and during the winter I worked for Blackhawk Mfg, a subsidiary of ATK.
Even though I was offered an advanced position in the machining,/Engineering dept, I declined.
After some of those minus 20° nights, I decided it wasn't for me, even though the summer days are amazing.

Blackhawk parking lot in March.
FB_IMG_1752774579564.jpg
 
I think spending billions to open Alcatraz prison is a long term tactical mistake for the Republican Party.

All new prisons started during Trumps term need to be built in Republican voting districts in need of additional numbers during the next census.

Trumps initiatives to change census rules regarding the counting of illegal aliens, prisoners Etc. Will most likely fail so he needs to plan accordingly and if they are to be counted during the next census. Have them sitting in Republican voting districts. Not SanFrancisco
 
The resettlement of Somalis in MN seems semi intentional. IIRC there is a large Sudanese population that was settled in St Louis or Kansas City. Seems like I read something to that effect some time back
 
A fellow was born and raised in a home in Minnesota. Then one day a surveyor came by and told him that some shifting had occurred and the state line had been redrawn- the result was that his home was now in Iowa. Thank God!! exclaimed the fellow- I don't know if I could have stood another cold Minnesota Winter.
 
From the article:


True. I remember attending a dinner party with my last wife. At that time, we had been married for 7 years, a woman after finding out we were 20 years apart called it "Disgusting" in a very loud voice. My wife was 30 and I was 50 at the time. Both adults all throughout the relationship.
Women are obviously more concerned with their age than men are. They are afraid they lose value as the years tick by, and are often jealous that men gain value as they age.

That she tried to shame and manipulate you is classic.
 
The resettlement of Somalis in MN seems semi intentional. IIRC there is a large Sudanese population that was settled in St Louis or Kansas City. Seems like I read something to that effect some time back
Not sure about KC, but not many Somalis in STL. We got a sizable influx of Bosnians in the 1990s. All in all a good thing for STL. They’ve fit in pretty well.
 
Being a little nostalgic, I remember a day at Blackhawk when the facility manager called a group meeting, and informed us that the Seal Team that took out Osama Bin Laden were carrying pistol holsters manufactured at our facility.
We took a little pride in that fact.
If I remember correctly, i think it was the holster for the HK45.

Blackhawk was originally founded by an ex Navy Seal. He sold it and made a tidy sum.
 
Last edited:
When I retired from the Army, I had among my offers one from then ATK in Minneapolis and one from Northrop Grumman where I would be based Northern VA. ATK was a smaller company and there was much to like. We went so far as to go look at houses during the first week of June. At every house we toured, the realtor maneuvered us quickly to show us the extraordinary things the owners had done with the basements. Next stop were the expansive heated garages - with great emphasis on the heated thing. As we left the last one, light snow flurries were blowing. It dawned on both of us why basements and heated garages were such selling points.

Upon returning home, I quickly closed on the offer from Northrop.

Greater MPLS is an awesome place from May through thanksgiving gun season. If anyone told you this is your 12 month, all season dream climate they lied.

I live here 12 months of the year presently, not fun. I look forward to buying West of Austin to reside 6 months and one day per year for tax and climate purposes.


p.S- our deer are bigger and our pheasant are better…also our trout. I’ll concede all other points to you.
 
I live here 12 months of the year presently, not fun. I look forward to buying West of Austin to reside 6 months and one day per year for tax and climate purposes.


p.S- our deer are bigger and our pheasant are better…also our trout. I’ll concede all other points to you.
There isn't much difference in climate between MSP and Austin- it is South but only 100 miles.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,077
Members
169,488
Latest member
SharynPico
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top