Politics

fighter pilots probably enjoying the real world target practice.

Whack - a - drone
Wonder what the flight path is. If I was an Iranian decision maker I would have planned it to go over population centers on the way to Israel once it left Iranian airspace, as the allies would most likely would want to avoid innocent casualties from the debris.

Wonder what the flight path is. If I was an Iranian decision maker I would have planned it to go over population centers on the way to Israel once it left Iranian airspace, as the allies would most likely would want to avoid innocent casualties from the debris.
Whole lot of empty between western Iran and the Med. Won’t be an issue.

Well not exactly. Civil forfeiture has been a principle of English common law since the 1600's and was practiced in one form or another in this country since the founding and particularly during prohibition. However, the concept gained national application and widespread usage during the "war on drugs" with the passage of The Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984. Not to be too picky, but Ronald Reagan was indeed president from 1981 to 1989 and the act was a centerpiece of the republican led anti-drug effort. There have been reform initiatives by both parties and numerous states, but it is still a widely used legal tool.
I understand how old it is in principle. My point was that left wing pundits cry about 1 thing done by Republicans, but forget the 100 things done before and after that by Democrats.

Let's see he is a respected outfitter and has been a contributor here on a broad range of topics for a decade. He has vast experience both in North America and Africa. He is frankly one of the most knowledgeable members of this community. And you are?
I am just a dumb plumber who has worked my whole life to pay taxes to the like of you and various other Govt employees and contractors who are obviously doing better financially than I am.

Next thing ya know. Canadians will be claiming persecution and wanting asylum :p

I have taken up asylum in alabama. You can’t get me north of the border on a bet!

I think it is fairly conclusive by now that the Iranian attack was a failure of dramatic scale before the eyes of the world. Apparently, Jordan cooperated closely with Israel allowing intercepts over the deserts of Eastern Jordan. US assets seem to have been most active over Iraq and Syria. If all of that is true, the deconfliction effort was extraordinary.

The IDF spokesman just indicated that Israeli and partner forces intercepted both drones and ballistic targets. If true, then Iran did attempt a combined attack. Iran has also issued a statement that their retaliatory response is concluded. I would assume it will be Israel that will determine the conclusion of this conflict.

This was likely a purely Revolutionary Guard operation. It will be interesting to see the reaction, if any, of the Iranian people and military as the scale of failure becomes apparent.

I didn't expect Congress to make a law about it.
I'm assumpting you're one of the ones who would be smitten.
Ummm, I think you are missing some info here. Scott contributes very broadly to the forum. Have a look.

Not that the point you were trying to make wasn't at least an understandable one..... Although I do see most membes who frequent this thread also contributing widely elsewhere. Even the grumpy ones! LOL

And there was some bantering back and forth about the First Amendment the other day so it was a fitting comment that Scott made.. and funny;)

Hope this clears up that you pissed on the wrong tree there ;)

I have no military experience, but it seems like an odd choice for our enemies to attempt a show of strength only to fold like a paper tiger. First Russia, now Iran. Will China be next? My assumption is that their leaders are so surrounded by sycophants that they start to believe their own bluster.

I have no military experience, but it seems like an odd choice for our enemies to attempt a show of strength only to fold like a paper tiger. First Russia, now Iran. Will China be next? My assumption is that their leaders are so surrounded by sycophants that they start to believe their own bluster.
Yup, kinda like our current leader;) Especially while is ranting against SCOTUS

Israel crossed a serious line and I believe they did so to get the US into a full fledged war.

I don't care how evil the opponent supposedly is, or how bloodthirsty the battle, or how valuable the target, you never-never-ever-ever strike an embassy.

Pretty sancrosanct reason: Diplomats end conflicts. You strike an embassy, you're literally killing the mechanism for any future negotiation. Another reason: While the embassy is the sovereign soil of that building's ambassador nation, you're striking another power's soil in the radius all directions surrounding the compound.

The fact the world is not outraged by this is quite telling.
Some very good points against your opinions on this. On the surface, what you say might have truth in it... If that was really a functioning embassy and not a disguised military compound. The fact seems to be that it was extensively used as a headquarters for Iran to direct their Proxy Wars from and seems to have been housing the Iranian General running not only the war effort against Isreal and US interests but our military personnel and ships in the region.

Now I agree that two wrongs don't make a right so the fact that the Iranians took over our embassy and held our people hostage for all those long days... May not be the best defense for attacking their embassy. But when it is no longer an embassy but a military headquarters, all bets are off and it's fair game.

Last edited:
I still meet people who tell me they never read, or say something like they haven't read since high school. Frankly, I find it utterly mystifying and a bit sad. I really don't know how to respond to that.
When Kindle came out the first time and sold out within hours, I was one of the lucky ones that snagged one.
At that time my employees and I were doing a startup of a water treatment plant at a municipality. I was giddy and as happy as a pig in mud.

The superintendent was puzzled why I was so excited. I explained that I was tired of carrying 10 pounds of books on each trip I took overseas. I asked him how many books he had read the past year. His answer was that he had "started" one, but never really finished as he had a wife etc. at home. I changed the subject.

I have rea
When Kindle came out the first time and sold out within hours, I was one of the lucky ones that snagged one.
At that time my employees and I were doing a startup of a water treatment plant at a municipality. I was giddy and as happy as a pig in mud.

The superintendent was puzzled why I was so excited. I explained that I was tired of carrying 10 pounds of books on each trip I took overseas. I asked him how many books he had read the past year. His answer was that he had "started" one, but never really finished as he had a wife etc. at home. I changed the subject.
I have read that as high as 80% of high schoolers state that they never plan to read another book in their lives!!! That is a real tectonic shift on a lot of levels.

I have rea

I have read that as high as 80% of high schoolers state that they never plan to read another book in their lives!!! That is a real tectonic shift on a lot of levels.
One would hope that some willful hyperbole was at play there.

One would hope that some willful hyperbole was at play there.
Nope. I have 2 teenagers in my house and they don't read books. The big one reads about hunts, hunting, and hunting gear reviews on the internet. The little one is exclusively interested in video. If you need him to know something, finding him a video is your best bet. He can't follow audiobooks very well. My wife and I have 18 years of college between us so we both read and have thousands of books in the house and my boys do not read. I can't imagine any of their friends do either. It's a terrible shame but it is what it is.

I didn't expect Congress to make a law about it.
I'm assumpting you're one of the ones who would be smitten.
Perhaps look in the mirror?

I’ve submitted several safari reports, sold/purchased guns, ammo and components through this site, met members of this site at SCI dinners and have posted on many other threads besides this one so I don’t think I qualify under your original comment idea but if you would like to limit my political posts because we don’t always agree, that’s not going to happen! Besides, it’s best for everyone to hear an occasional differing viewpoint, don’t you think??

The performance of Israel's Iron Dome last night was nothing short of staggering. This changes a lot. For me it confirms my assessment/prediction that defensive counter measures, especially lazer, will render missile warfare largely redundant. Basically Iran has just had a huge reality chech, since they have put so much emphasis upon their missiles. I bet Kim and Putin are taking note too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PabloSecco

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.