Politics

1667511392016.png

1667511923096.png

WTF is up with Pennsylvania. It gave us Joe Biden and the two loads now running for Senate. SMH.

Fetterman's a ne'er do well. and Oz, well you can make up your own mind on his angle.

TF is up with Pennsylvania. It gave us Joe Biden and the two loads now running for Senate. SMH.

Fetterman's a ne'er do well. and Oz, well you can make up your own mind on his angle.
It should be remembered that Oz is portrayed very negatively by the media, so anything the media says about him needs to be taken with a pound of salt.

Babylon Bee :love::love:

I'm finding it mildly disgusting that the most common notification I get on a site called Africa Hunting is the thread called Politics.
Not that I object to a thread about politics, I have plenty to say on such crap if anybody wanted to hear it, but just that is such an omnipresent theme in our lives.
Damn those shit-weasels!
On a totally unrelated note, inserting a hyphen seems to content the spell-check with almost anything.

I'm finding it mildly disgusting that the most common notification I get on a site called Africa Hunting is the thread called Politics.
Not that I object to a thread about politics, I have plenty to say on such crap if anybody wanted to hear it, but just that is such an omnipresent theme in our lives.
Damn those shit-weasels!
On a totally unrelated note, inserting a hyphen seems to content the spell-check with almost anything.
Upper right hand corner above the first post on this page, next to where it says "Jump to New", click on Unwatch, follow the prompts.

@Red Leg and our military analysts, what is the likely path to the end of the war in Ukraine? Your prediction. I am hearing more whispers about negotiations.
Barring a total Russian military and civil collapse - a rather frightening prospect in a region with the greatest concentration of nuclear weapons on the planet - this war will indeed end with negotiations. If for no other reason, Ukraine does not and never will have sufficient military power to dictate peace on the steps of the Kremlin.

Ukraine recognizes this as well as every other power on the planet. The question then is timing and outcome of those negotiations. The kremlin is pushing hard through proxies to start those talks now - no doubt in combination with a ceasefire. Ukraine, because it is having real battlefield success is in no hurry to do so.

I believe Ukraine's calculation is probably the correct one. I assume Zelensky and his foreign policy and military leadership believe if Ukraine can retain NATO support through the winter. They also believe that Russia's combat position will likely become ever more precarious, and Ukraine will have enormous leverage in such negotiations in the spring.

I suspect there are members of the Russian leadership circle, including Putin, who believe this mobilized 300,000 will make a difference in a Winter offensive. In previous comments I have explained why I believe that is a pipe dream.

Russia also is clearly expecting an erosion of popular and thus NATO support for Ukraine over the same period. Fuel prices and shortages in Europe and a pending new, seemingly ambivalent Republican majority in congress, give them hope that NATO support will collapse along with the Ukrainian military over the next few months.

Therefore, both parties are playing a high risk/ high reward strategy until spring. If Ukraine is correct and NATO maintains its support, negotiations in the spring would likely result in a Russian withdrawal from Kherson and Zaporizhzhia, possible Russian retention of Crimea, and a rump area of occupation in Lugansk and Donetsk to be settled through a UN or EU sponsored and administered plebiscite or something like that. If Ukraine is forced into earlier negotiations with crumbling NATO and particularly uncertain US support, then Russia will retain everything then occupied by is forces likely resulting in a land bridge to Crimea.

It is important to remember that in one sense Ukraine has already won. It decisively prevented Russia from overrunning the country, posting occupying troops, and installing a puppet government. It is now battling to achieve a peace that realistically recognizes stable borders and achieves guarantees that secure protection from future Russian adventurism.

Last edited:

Babylon Bee :love::love:
How much more can our country take of this consistently comedic President and his appointed buffoons? I just can't fathom two more years of this jackassery! I mean it's entertaining, but our enemies are watching this circus unfold seemingly EVERY DAY and taking copious notes. We already have Ukraine and I suspect China will invade Taiwan and Iran (and or it's proxies) will make a move on Saudi Arabia/UAE while we have Larry, Moe and Curly in the White House.

Barring a total Russian military and civil collapse - a rather frightening prospect in a region with the greatest concentration of nuclear weapons on the planet - this war will indeed end with negotiations. If for no other reason, Ukraine does not and never will have sufficient military power to dictate peace on the steps of the Kremlin.

Ukraine recognizes this as well as every other power on the planet. The question then is timing and outcome of those negotiations. The kremlin is pushing hard through proxies to start those talks now - no doubt in combination with a ceasefire. Ukraine, because it is having real battlefield success is in no hurry to do so.

I believe Ukraine's calculation is probably the correct one. I assume Zelensky and his foreign policy and military leadership believe if Ukraine can retain NATO support through the winter. They also believe that Russia's combat position will likely become ever more precarious, and Ukraine will have enormous leverage in such negotiations in the spring.

I suspect there are members of the Russian leadership circle, including Putin, who believe this mobilized 300,000 will make a difference in a Winter offensive. In previous comments I have explained why I believe that is a pipe dream.

Russia also is clearly expecting an erosion of popular and thus NATO support for Ukraine over the same period. Fuel prices and shortages in Europe and a pending new, seemingly ambivalent Republican majority in congress, give them hope that NATO support will collapse along with the Ukrainian military over the next few months.

Therefore, both parties are playing a high risk/ high reward strategy until spring. If Ukraine is correct and NATO maintains its support, negotiations in the spring would likely result in a Russian withdrawal from Kherson and Zaporizhzhia, possible Russian retention of Crimea, and a rump area of occupation in Lugansk and Donetsk to be settled through a UN or EU sponsored and administered plebiscite or something like that. If Ukraine is forced into earlier negotiations with crumbling NATO and particularly uncertain US support, then Russia will retain everything then occupied by is forces likely resulting in a land bridge to Crimea.

It is important to remember that in one sense Ukraine has already won. It decisively prevented Russia from overrunning the country, posting occupying troops, and installing a puppet government. It is now battling to achieve a peace that realistically recognizes stable borders and achieves guarantees that secure protection from future Russian adventurism.

Red Leg
When that time comes it will be interesting what guarantees for Ukraine's borders are agreed to. It's obvious that Russia's signature on a treaty/agreement is worthless so there will need to be some concrete provisions with teeth to prevent a resumption of Russian aggression down the road.

What are your thoughts on what such provisions would entail?

I'm wondering what would need to happen in order for Russia to recognize the Ukraine border as set prior to the Crimea expansions. Secondly, looking at a map, the border between Russia and Ukraine appears to be primarily a line on the map rather than some geographic feature. Is there a border between southern Ukraine and Russia where a defensible line could be established?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChongGraeb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?