Politics

First bill board:
"No theme, no thought, no sense - Joe just signs stuff"

I am losing more respect for the Swedes daily, it seems.

I used to have the idea that Sweden would be a neat place to live. Both of my grandmothers were full Swede and the hardiness of the people has always intrigued me along with the roots that run deep. But the more I've learned and now when I see things like spike posted and it doesn't surprise me, I realize it would just be better to visit.

There's a reason the Swedes are referred to as conformists so often.

Well, hold your horses will you ...
The Olof Palme Prize was set up and funded by the Swedish Social Democratic Party and is basically by definition almost always given to left-wing activists or at least recipients who embrace that spirit. "Swedes" in general have nothing to do with this award and for the record only leftists in politics and media were thrilled and praised this. To make a comparison, would it not be the equivalent of the left wing of the Democratic Party and mainstream corporate media supporting BLM and their activities? Wait, did exactly that not just happen a couple of months ago?

What a fkn joke.....you riot...burn...loot...kill...but you get rewarded....and next is Nobel peace prize....which I wouldn't bet against happening....whole planet has gone to shit....and I dont see it getting better.....

BBC News - Black Lives Matter foundation wins Swedish human rights prize

Only fitting that a prize named after the guy who invented dynamite would go to an organization that spent all summer “blowing up” parts of the USA.

Yes the party of "Science" but only when it's convenient

144755206_4952216871486011_7424639340412013371_n.png

What a fkn joke.....you riot...burn...loot...kill...but you get rewarded....and next is Nobel peace prize....which I wouldn't bet against happening....whole planet has gone to shit....and I dont see it getting better.....

BBC News - Black Lives Matter foundation wins Swedish human rights prize

The Nobel peace price is given by a Norwegian comite (mostly policians in need of more money..).
Obama got it (not even Obama himself understood why..), and Trump was nominated last year. And Al Gore for telling us all about the climate change (like Copenhagen would be under water in 2014.)

Mostly a f....n joke, but it gives politicians something to do and gets media coverage.

Anti-gun bill in the House. Hope you Biden supporters are happy.

Text - H.R.127 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Now with the summary below I doubt it has a snowball's chance in hell of passing, but I am sure as a "compromise" some of the features will be left in.

- Annual psych evaluation for the permit holder and immediate family, ex-wives AND TWO FRIENDS
- Insurance requirement
- Where the firearm is stored
- Retroactive to include ALL guns (every firearms has to be registered)
- Raises the legal age to 21 nationally
- Nationwide ban on all magazines > 10 rounds
- Bans military style weapons.
- 24 hours of training, live fire included in most cases
- Bans barrels that are threaded to accept a vertical fore grip (?? idk)
- $800 annual fee
- Bans all Glock 17’s
- Bans all ammo over .50 caliber (get rid of those .500 NEs and larger)
- All information available to public (gang bangers will know where to shop)
I saw this, put everything on hold!

the inflation of his wife's title, also disgustingly dishonest. my dad is a PhD (a real PhD, not a useless EdD). He got called "doctor" at work because he worked at university.
+1
When I was getting my PhD (zoology) it was well known that you could get EdD in about a year and a half where a PhD in science would take much longer (for an ordinary man anyway!). Anyway, you are so right about "doctor" part!

As far as PhDs go, there are a bunch of "honorary" PhDs that aren't worth the paper and ink let alone the gold colored seal and signature on them.

Reactions: CJW
+1
When I was getting my PhD (zoology) it was well known that you could get EdD in about a year and a half where a PhD in science would take much longer (for an ordinary man anyway!). Anyway, you are so right about "doctor" part!
+2

My father's was in history and at the time of his death he was Dean of Liberal Arts at his university. He was called "Doctor" as a hard earned title at that University and when involved in some capacity associated with that role. Like most who hold a PhD he had little respect for "Doctors" of education.

I can strongly suggest that one suppresses ego and the obvious recognition of the hard earned title on ones passport as the probability of being sat beside a heavily pregnant passenger on a flight exponentially increases!!! There is an assumption that all Dr’s are experts with towels and hot water lol.
FN

+1
Dad's MS and PhD are in entomology.

"Advanced" degrees in education....

In the US, incoming students to university who matriculate into colleges of education are the absolute academic bottom of the barrel.

STEM majors, on average, have much higher English scores on their SAT than education majors.

Social science majors, on average, have much higher Math scores on their SAT than education majors.

This pattern repeats at the graduate level as well for GRE and GMAT exams. So they confer on themselves these higher degrees and believe themselves peers of people who have done actual research.

Using standardized test scores as a proxy for IQ (they do correlate nicely), education majors are mostly idiots. Jill Biden is simply an ambitious idiot.

Dad's MS and PhD are in entomology.

"Advanced" degrees in education....

In the US, incoming students to university who matriculate into colleges of education are the absolute academic bottom of the barrel.

STEM majors, on average, have much higher English scores on their SAT than education majors.

Social science majors, on average, have much higher Math scores on their SAT than education majors.

This pattern repeats at the graduate level as well for GRE and GMAT exams. So they confer on themselves these higher degrees and believe themselves peers of people who have done actual research.

Using standardized test scores as a proxy for IQ (they do correlate nicely), education majors are mostly idiots. Jill Biden is simply an ambitious idiot.

All this “doctor” title reminded me of a case years ago in Memphis when a man always put Dr. in front of his name and insisted people call him doctor when referring to him. It got to be so ridiculous that instead of calling him doctor they called him “durr” as in Dr. it was funny and drove the man crazy!

In Africa one gets all sorts of first names, and Doctor is quite common. Mwalimu is a personal address in Swahili, it means teacher, far less assuming.

No point in thinking about 2024. We let them cheat so much, in the open, they will continue the fraud, and just continue to make it easier for their fraud.

No point in thinking about 2024. We let them cheat so much, in the open, they will continue the fraud, and just continue to make it easier for their fraud.
Well, they will have to mod things a bit. Even if there is another miraculous "pandemic" starting in early '24, they can't shut down the economy to make the sitting president look bad. if past is prologue, the economy is going to already be suck-ish by then anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg