Politics

As you all know, I have been skeptical that it will be possible to prove enough fraudulent activity took place in any particular state to overturn a certification. I have also been skeptical that the Supreme Court will be willing to actually hear any of these appeals.

However, this is interesting. Texas has filed suit directly with the SCOTUS alleging sister states violated the constitution with respect to the conduct of the presidential election. This has nothing to do with fraud, but rather whether those states failed to follow the law in choosing electors, specifically violating the equal protection clause. Not exactly sure if a remedy would necessarily turn the election to Trump, but it cold throw a monkey wrench into what has looked like a certain Biden election.

Moreover, I am not sure there is a way for the court to refuse to rule on the allegations. Haven't seen anything on MSM - just this and local Texas news.
Pretty sure it would force those state legislatures to choose electors, assuming Texas wins. On its face, the suit appears to have merit.

As you all know, I have been skeptical that it will be possible to prove enough fraudulent activity took place in any particular state to overturn a certification. I have also been skeptical that the Supreme Court will be willing to actually hear any of these appeals.

However, this is interesting. Texas has filed suit directly with the SCOTUS alleging sister states violated the constitution with respect to the conduct of the presidential election. This has nothing to do with fraud, but rather whether those states failed to follow the law in choosing electors, specifically violating the equal protection clause. Not exactly sure if a remedy would necessarily turn the election to Trump, but it cold throw a monkey wrench into what has looked like a certain Biden election.

Moreover, I am not sure there is a way for the court to refuse to rule on the allegations. Haven't seen anything on MSM - just this and local Texas news.

Paxton and his solicitor general deserve some credit for this case. It is interesting that other states haven't joined the suit, but time constraints may be the reason.

It would be interesting if SCOTUS threw this back into the hands of the state legislatures. There are a number of never Trump Republicans that would hate having to make an electors decision.

Alito is responsible for the 5th circuit. 2020 is still proving to be an entertaining year.

Diane Feinstein has perhaps begun something of a tradition for both houses.

The fact nothing happening there or with Imran Awan and all the congressmen who used his services is extremely frustrating.

As I think any dispassionate :E Angel: follower of the fraud cases would have anticipated :A Too Cool::E Furious: SCOTUS will not hear the Mike Kelley PA appeal. They are simply not going review an evidentiary appeal about "fraud." However, the Texas filing is an issue of law and the constitution filed directly with SCOTUS. They apparently are going to hear that one. Whatever it does or does not determine with respect to how these electors are seated, I pray they use it as an opportunity to put a stake through the heart of any future non-legislative voting procedures.

The PA case is still pending. SCOTUS only denied emergency injunctive relief.
They are still spineless. SCOTUS only accepts about 1% of emergency appeals per year. Approx 80, out of 8,000.

129496322_10157884390075914_8872006055626527204_o.jpg

I don't know how it will end- whether the US can withstand foreign aggression and self-serving politicians but I do know one thing: even though I have voted for some Democrats in the past, including Jimmy Carter and George McGovern I will NEVER vote for another Democrat.

Paxton and his solicitor general deserve some credit for this case. It is interesting that other states haven't joined the suit, but time constraints may be the reason.

It would be interesting if SCOTUS threw this back into the hands of the state legislatures. There are a number of never Trump Republicans that would hate having to make an electors decision.

Alito is responsible for the 5th circuit. 2020 is still proving to be an entertaining year.

A few hours make a difference. At least seven states have joined now.

The Court is shirking it's responsibility.
View attachment 378898
They have the opportunity to address it in the Texas filing. May or may not meaningfully affect this election, but they have the opportunity to do the nation a huge favor in every future one.

They have the opportunity to address it in the Texas filing. May or may not meaningfully affect this election, but they have the opportunity to do the nation a huge favor in every future one.
There I go violating my own "don't get carried away" directive. The accused states have until Thursday to respond to SCOTUS when they will then decide whether to hear the Texas case or not.

I remember those days. I had purchased an Apple Macintosh plus, and had a modem. Trying to tap into the schools mainframe to do Fortran class assignments, and praying for a connection.

Nowadays, a person can do that from a smartphone.

How far we've come.

I must go back a few years more than that. We had just started using “THE” computer for engineering. As there was only one, the university mainframe. It was a card reader. I remember hours waiting to run your stack of punch cards to see if your program worked to get the right answer. If it didn’t, back to the drawing table(also an old school reference because I had a drafting class too). I would get so frustrated that at 2 or 3 in the morning, I would add just enough cards to make the answer, say X=35.4 print out on the first line after the page break. I would just add a card with the right answer as my last card, add that last page with thr right answer to the whole program print out, and submit cards and print out hoping the professor never ran the program to check and see if it really solved the problem. I graduated, and passed my MPE exam, but sure hated that dam computer!

1607538542887.png

What is non-essential sexual activities?
Why the discrimination against menage a trois?
So outdoor sexual proclivity is okay for large groups?
Who made Jabba the Hutt health minister of Belgium?

Inquiring minds.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

1607543006637.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg