Politics

Doesn't work, hasn't worked, won't work. Thousands if not tens of thousands of grant programs in black communities and the results are worse conditions. What's needed are jobs for the black underclass and fathers in the homes. The rest of the issues will take care of themselves. Watch TV around the time school starts. What do we see? Free school supplies, book bags, etc.Same deal around Christmas time, free bikes, presents, clothing. The cycle of dependency is further enabled because there are no breadwinners Look at the lines of nice vehicles in line now for school breakfasts and lunches. Pardon me, but isn't that the responsibility of the parent? I know, we have a duty to feed them. Like hell we do. Presently, I don't have a duty to anyone but my family. I'm sorry but Trump has the right idea, guts and game plan to fix this cycle of dependency that the Democrats have perpetuated long before LBJ's war on poverty. It's more JOBS! especially in factories, infrastructure and the construction trades, positions that don't take higher education. Unfortunately for black America, they haven't learned the old saw "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got" and that's voting for the party of victimization, the blame game and irresponsible behavior, the Democrats.
When I speak of charity, I mean one citizen acting charitably toward another citizen, not government handouts. What I want to see is black people going into their communities, starting businesses, and hiring people in the neighborhood. That is charity toward your fellow man, not a welfare check in the mail.

Vindman had been nominated for promotion to Colonel (O-6) and it was being held up by political BS. It's interesting in Vindman's retirement announcement where it states he has 21 years service. Getting promoted to Colonel in 21 years suggests he was well regarded. BTW, aren't we still at war in Afghanistan???
Who was holding it up?

When I speak of charity, I mean one citizen acting charitably toward another citizen, not government handouts. What I want to see is black people going into their communities, starting businesses, and hiring people in the neighborhood. That is charity toward your fellow man, not a welfare check in the mail.

Go in to any inner city and see who is operating those businesses. They're mostly Asians and Hispanics. They've been living in those neighborhoods long before the black residents. Tell me why blacks aren't doing the same thing.

Go in to any inner city and see who is operating those businesses. They're mostly Asians and Hispanics. They've been living in those neighborhoods long before the black residents. Tell me why blacks aren't doing the same thing.

The big stores that could start a business in these neighborhoods don't do so because they don't like being robbed on a weekly basis or burned down when the blacks go crazy.

Saul, look at Minneapolis. They have no respect and no desire as a whole to better their neighborhoods. Look at the last week. How many kids black kids have been killed around the country and where are the riots calling out the minorities who perpetrated these crimes. They just don't care in large enough numbers. Most blacks have a mental block when it comes to saying what needs to be said. A few weeks ago I watched over an hours worth of intelligent successful black people having a conversation on youtube. So many times they almost got to the truth. So many times they backed off from actually stating it. If a group of people in a controlled environment can't say what we all know, how will anything get accomplished?

Unfortunately for a lot of government programs/laws that could have prevented the current problem there are several sayings that apply, take your pick: The ship has already sailed; the train has left the station, the horse is out of the barn, the plane has taken-off, the coupe has already flown.

My sister notified me on thursday that one of our half black cousins unfriended her on FB. My sister had posted a thing about black privelege, things like living on gov't assistance and the like. My cousin took offense and pulled the race card saying white privelege was real, said my sister is part of the problem, something about her "ghetto ass" even though she didn't grow up in the ghetto and still doesn't live there, just looking for sympathy I guess. She said our family was f****d up even though she was never looked down on and was treated like an angel. Her mother got ahold of my sister and said that she doesn't even talk to her anymore. She apparently adores the black side of the family, especially her father who gave money to his ex wife to abort said cousin. She didn't even reach out to her grandmother when her grandpa died, both of whom adored her. She now gets hostile towards anyone who disagrees with her or expresses an opinion she doesn't like. Her brother on the other hand is completely level headed and loves his family.

Pretty sad current state of affairs.

Sneak peak of the Redskin's new name and mascot.

EcYBHQNWAAEQ0Db

Attachments

• EcYBHQNWAAEQ0Db.jpg
    EcYBHQNWAAEQ0Db.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 61
Don't have to drill down very deep to see this is the problem and it's repeated millions of times. Black fathers of 87 children with 50 different women.

Who was holding it up?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/02/tammy-duckworth-alexander-vindman-military-nominees-348183

Last week, Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., said she would put a hold on the more than 1,000 military promotions until Secretary of Defense Mark Esper provided assurances that Vindman’s promotion was not being blocked.

“Lt. Col. Vindman’s decision to retire puts the spotlight on Secretary of Defense Mark Esper’s failure to protect a decorated combat Veteran against a vindictive Commander in Chief,” Duckworth said in a statement Wednesday.

“Secretary Esper’s failure to protect his troops sets a new, dark precedent that any Commander in Chief can interfere with routine merit-based military promotions to carry out personal vendettas and retaliation against military officers who follow duly-authorized subpoenas while upholding their oath of office and core principles of service.”

I just started reading John Bolton's book, "The Room Where it Happened." Bolton, I believe, is a good man and straight shooter. A little hawkish, but a knowledgeable and dedicated public servant. Interesting interview in this video:

The big stores that could start a business in these neighborhoods don't do so because they don't like being robbed on a weekly basis or burned down when the blacks go crazy.

Saul, look at Minneapolis. They have no respect and no desire as a whole to better their neighborhoods. Look at the last week. How many kids black kids have been killed around the country and where are the riots calling out the minorities who perpetrated these crimes. They just don't care in large enough numbers. Most blacks have a mental block when it comes to saying what needs to be said. A few weeks ago I watched over an hours worth of intelligent successful black people having a conversation on youtube. So many times they almost got to the truth. So many times they backed off from actually stating it. If a group of people in a controlled environment can't say what we all know, how will anything get accomplished?

We are in agreement on this issue. These communities are suffering from a lack of jobs within their communities. I see it as due to three main factors.

1. A lack of charity toward their fellow man. Instead of attacking my community, they should be investing time and energy into the poor black communities. Communities used to stick together and fight for one another so that the whole community prospered. They knew that no one else would help them so they helped each other. Now, we are seeing people looting and burning down pharmacies without a thought for how their own grandmother is going to get her medications.

2. Government programs that disincentivize work. I do not buy the narrative that it is some deep state plot by democrats to enact modern slavery and control their votes. I see it as genuinely well-intentioned plans that have had a disastrous impact on these communities. When a person can get on disability for the rest of their life, they no longer have an incentive to work and all of that free time for in a community with no social cohesiveness leads to increases in crime.

3. A lack of businesses moving into these communities. This is because of crime, lack of a potential employee pool in the community (see government handouts), and poverty. It is hard to run a successful business when the surrounding community does not have the money to patronize your establishment and the the neighborhood is too unsafe to draw customers from surrounding areas.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/02/tammy-duckworth-alexander-vindman-military-nominees-348183

Last week, Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., said she would put a hold on the more than 1,000 military promotions until Secretary of Defense Mark Esper provided assurances that Vindman’s promotion was not being blocked.

“Lt. Col. Vindman’s decision to retire puts the spotlight on Secretary of Defense Mark Esper’s failure to protect a decorated combat Veteran against a vindictive Commander in Chief,” Duckworth said in a statement Wednesday.

“Secretary Esper’s failure to protect his troops sets a new, dark precedent that any Commander in Chief can interfere with routine merit-based military promotions to carry out personal vendettas and retaliation against military officers who follow duly-authorized subpoenas while upholding their oath of office and core principles of service.”

I just started reading John Bolton's book, "The Room Where it Happened." Bolton, I believe, is a good man and straight shooter. A little hawkish, but a knowledgeable and dedicated public servant. Interesting interview in this video:

There is no mechanism to “hold up” a LTC’s promotion to Colonel within DOD. It is a board process. Someone can indeed be removed from a promotion list, but not at the whim of the Secretary of the Army or even the SECDEF. Also, doing the math, I suspect that the good Lieutenant Colonel is not even in the primary zone for promotion yet. He likely was in the secondary zone (as in "below the zone" as we say, where one is considered a year early). However, the Army, unlike the Air Force promotes very few from below the primary zone. It may be due to his seemingly high regard for himself that he felt he should have been one of that select group - after all he thought he was Defense Minister material.

I'll tell you what has really happened. He has found himself persona non grata in his own service. Assignment to the White House has everything to do with representing one's service in a joint environment at the highest level of government. It is also a mark of favor to that officer. It has nothing to do with what that officer may or may not know about national security because no LTC knows enough of anything to offer meaningful advice to the president, or in this case, the National Security Advisor. Rather, the position is for him to become a better, more aware and experienced, potential general officer. Instead, this moron decided to embarrass the President, his administration, and the US Army. I have no idea what the SECDEF or CJCS think, but I promise you, the Army will never forgive such behavior, and particularly not his peers.

The person whose behaviour I find truly repugnant is Duckworth. The power to block promotions is a powerful one and should be used rarely and only with legitimate cause. Imagine if it was your name sitting on a list on hold due to the political calculations of of a senator. The person I would be blaming however is Vindman who gave her the opportunity to play with so many others' professional lives; another set of reasons Windman will find few invitations to dinner from former colleagues in the coming months and years. What he will become is another of these disaffected talking heads (a perfect candidate to replace someone of Ralph Peters or Andy Krepinevich's ilk?) who undermine and second guess their former services and leadership; a system which, in their minds, must be corrupt because it didn't recognize and promote their special talents.

I think Bolton is extraordinarily dangerous. He seems incapable of understanding any opinion other than his own. I am convinced that had his preferences been followed, we would have carried out air strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities two years ago. I personally think war with Iran following two decades of conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq would have been a disaster. He also obviously has serious personal integrity issues, publishing this sort National Enquirer book just before an election.

Last edited:
There is no mechanism to “hold up” a LTC’s promotion to Colonel within DOD. It is a board process. Someone can indeed be removed from a promotion list, but not at the whim of the Secretary of the Army or even the SECDEF. Also, doing the math, I suspect that the good Lieutenant Colonel is not even in the primary zone for promotion yet. He likely was in the secondary zone (as in "below the zone" as we say, where one is considered a year early). However, the Army, unlike the Air Force promotes very few from below the primary zone. It may be due to his seemingly high regard for himself that he felt he should have been one of that select group - after all he thought he was Defense Minister material.

I'll tell you what has really happened. He has found himself persona non grata in his own service. Assignment to the White House has everything to do with representing one's service in a joint environment at the highest level of government. It is also a mark of favor to that officer. It has nothing to do with what that officer may or may not know about national security because no LTC knows enough of anything to offer meaningful advice to the president, or in this case, the National Security Advisor. Rather, the position is for him to become a better, more aware and experienced, potential general officer. Instead, this moron decided to embarrass the President, his administration, and the US Army. I have no idea what the SECDEF or CJCS think, but I promise you, the Army will never forgive such behavior, and particularly not his peers.

It sure is nice to have an "insider" such as yourself on the forum!

2. Government programs that disincentivize work. I do not buy the narrative that it is some deep state plot by democrats to enact modern slavery and control their votes. I see it as genuinely well-intentioned plans that have had a disastrous impact on these communities.

I see most of it as a plot to keep votes and to pander to the virtue signaling white people which I believe is the worst problem we have going today. The rest I see as good intentions and we all know how that saying goes.

A video I watched recently asked white people if having to show id was racist. They said yes. When asked why they said that black people didn't know how or where to obtain one or that they should actually carry one. They then went and asked black people about id and I felt sorry for the guy asking the questions. Of course these people carried id and knew how to obtain it and he I think felt bad for even asking.

I see most of it as a plot to keep votes and to pander to the virtue signaling white people which I believe is the worst problem we have going today. The rest I see as good intentions and we all know how that saying goes.

A video I watched recently asked white people if having to show id was racist. They said yes. When asked why they said that black people didn't know how or where to obtain one or that they should actually carry one. They then went and asked black people about id and I felt sorry for the guy asking the questions. Of course these people carried id and knew how to obtain it and he I think felt bad for even asking.
Should an ID be required to buy a gun?

Don't have to drill down very deep to see this is the problem and it's repeated millions of times. Black fathers of 87 children with 50 different women.

Working on the 13.5%

Should an ID be required to buy a gun?

I don't know about where you live, but here we do have to show a picture ID to buy a gun, legally. I don't find it racist or much of a burden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tooter57

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!