Politics

Could be that, or an alternative explanation is that I've noticed among my very conservative-minded college age daughters and their friends is that this generation can sniff out (and has a very low tolerance for) bullshittery; even when it masquerades as a conservative.
I used the qualifier words of "largely" and "mostly" for a reason. There are certainly conservatives in the sub 30 age groups, just the same as there are a great many liberals over 30.

I 100% agree Trump is full of bullshit. I disagree with many of his tactics, wish he would learn to shut his mouth/keyboard, and am hopeful for a better nominee as the GOP candidate for '24. Im not a MAGA person, but I voted for Trump (twice), and will again if he is the nominee. There's not a chance in hell I'd vote for Bidet or any other trash the puppeteers put in his place.

Your reply seems to suggest that a majority (or even half) of the Boo's in that video are coming from conservatives, or independents? That sounds like more bullshit than Trump spews.

This is pure speculation, but I would venture that the booing largely comes from the indoctrinated students and the cheers mostly from the over 35 crowd in the stands. These days, a University is a bad place for any Republican to show up.
It may have been students, the game was in Columbia SC and a home game for South Carolina, I think it may have been a little different if it would have been played in Clemson.

Pretty interesting. I know nothing about this man other than he is speaking absolutely correct Arab peninsula Arabic.

I wonder if Pres Zelenskyy of Ukraine DID buy two yachts via proxies? It would be difficult to chase down, as both he and the administration would be embarrassed by the purchase. I have always been opposed to what I consider a needless war. So it would be easy for me to believe it. But I learned my lesson when Tucker said there were biolabs in Ukraine. It was dismissed by major news media, and I dismissed it too. There are dozens of YT vids showing well respected news anchors shouting conspiracy theory, and calling him "A Russian Agent". (He's not. I'm not) He got the last laugh on that one at the Senate Hearing (3/8/22) when Asst Sec of State Victoria Nuland was forced to admit that there were labs, ....and later admitted to US funding them. Just an example regarding MNM and their knee jerk denial of anything counter agenda. So I take a wait and see approach to sensational news stories. Anyway, I'll give Volodymyr the benefit of the doubt on this one....... Likewise on the $50K per month villa, the wife's spending in Paris or the stories of offshore accts. May well be fabricated.......but it's taxpayer money and it's wise to stay vigilant......I will follow this with interest.....FWB

Pretty interesting. I know nothing about this man other than he is speaking absolutely correct Arab peninsula Arabic.

That was interesting

Sadly it is not a part of the world I have any experience in

Is this attitude towards the Palestinians, and indeed Israel, common amongst Arab peoples?

It certainly sheds a new light for me

Another of these interesting clips from the battlefield. Two Russian soldiers have been tasked to drag a wounded comrade to safety ..................

Was this executed with a drone? It is not clear to me, but if so, this is another milestone in my opinion. We have seen their amazing accuracy before, but it seems they have the drone business so well figured out that they can do it cost effective and time effective to warrant the use on just two individual soldiers. That is another game changer in my opinion.

Being cost and time effective to use a drone for taking out just one or two soldiers means infantry as they used to be deployed will be even playing less of a decisive role in the future. Who will risk soldier lives if they can be effectively and very cheaply be taken out by a mass produced drone… armies will no longer be able to afford to “put boots on the ground”.

armies will no longer be able to afford to “put boots on the ground”.
No victory when boots are not on the ground. At one point infantry must move forward across the battlefield.

It was also once thought that machinegun effectively stopped or reduced infantry effects on the battlefield.
Probably mortars brought similar considerations to contemporary battlefield, with their indirect fire capability.
With modern drones, tactics will change, and countermeasures will be developed.

"Drone Wars" for the foreseeable future- 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? Then a competition of who can find and compile the most clever drone videos to post to justify some geo-political strategy? Lovely thought :(

Last edited:
I wonder if Pres Zelenskyy of Ukraine DID buy two yachts via proxies? It would be difficult to chase down, as both he and the administration would be embarrassed by the purchase. I have always been opposed to what I consider a needless war. So it would be easy for me to believe it. But I learned my lesson when Tucker said there were biolabs in Ukraine. It was dismissed by major news media, and I dismissed it too. There are dozens of YT vids showing well respected news anchors shouting conspiracy theory, and calling him "A Russian Agent". (He's not. I'm not) He got the last laugh on that one at the Senate Hearing (3/8/22) when Asst Sec of State Victoria Nuland was forced to admit that there were labs, ....and later admitted to US funding them. Just an example regarding MNM and their knee jerk denial of anything counter agenda. So I take a wait and see approach to sensational news stories. Anyway, I'll give Volodymyr the benefit of the doubt on this one....... Likewise on the $50K per month villa, the wife's spending in Paris or the stories of offshore accts. May well be fabricated.......but it's taxpayer money and it's wise to stay vigilant......I will follow this with interest.....FWB
Like asking where do ultra rich, corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs get their billions?... Or conversely same question, where do ultra rich, corrupt Russian oligarchs get their billions? But can I say those statements are true since I have not seen their bank statements?? After all, it could be a MAGA, right wing, white supremacy theory contrived by Trump to bury democracy forever.

Was this executed with a drone? It is not clear to me, but if so, this is another milestone in my opinion. We have seen their amazing accuracy before, but it seems they have the drone business so well figured out that they can do it cost effective and time effective to warrant the use on just two individual soldiers. That is another game changer in my opinion.

Being cost and time effective to use a drone for taking out just one or two soldiers means infantry as they used to be deployed will be even playing less of a decisive role in the future. Who will risk soldier lives if they can be effectively and very cheaply be taken out by a mass produced drone… armies will no longer be able to afford to “put boots on the ground”.
There will always be countermeasures. The US is currently testing a remote control weapon station with as compact targeting radar that could be fitted on virtually any vehicle. Piloted drones require communications which can be jammed - a little surprising that the Russians haven't been more effective at that. The first truly mobile lasers are in prototype stage as we type. Coupled with compact search and targeting radars they will be able to instantly take down drones or even incoming artillery rounds.

The Army has actually been dragging its feet with respect to the latter for a while. I think the question that it is in the back of the mind of most military leaders is what happens when a desperate laser crew in danger of being overrun turns the laser on enemy troops and vehicles. I suspect warfare will go through as major an inflection point as it did when chemical explosive power entered the battlefield centuries ago.

I have never understood the "needless war" argument. I assume it is somehow tied to the presumption that the war would never have started had Trump been president? Perhaps, but he wasn't and he isn't.

Ukraine carried out a popular bloodless revolution ten-years ago in order to build its future as a member of Western Europe. In February 2022 Putin sought to crush those aspirations with military force as his predecessors had done in Czechoslovakia in 1968 and Hungary in 1956. Unlike those two countries, Ukrainians responded like our forefathers in 1775 vowing to sell their lives dearly for their right of self-determination as a people. You would be hard pressed to find a Ukrainian who calls this war needless.

To carry the parallel a bit farther, that revolution of 1775 would almost certainly have ended in defeat without the intervention of France in the conflict. By 1778, American units were armed almost exclusively with French weapons, and Cornwallis only surrendered at Yorktown in 1781 because he was trapped ashore by a French fleet and because the roughly 6500 American troops, of which only 2500 were Continentals, were ably supported by 4000 French regulars.

Finally, I like to think of myself as a strong "America first" patriot. To my mind, that means defending our national interests wherever they are threatened - not just, for instance, the border with Mexico. I again ask, as I have several times here, in what world is supporting, even enabling, Russian strategic objectives in Europe in the interests of the United States? How would our national interests be secured or our security enhanced by allowing, much less abetting, Russian resurgence as a dominant Eurasian power closely allied to China?

Tucker has a narrative to sell. Exaggeration has been one of his techniques for as long as I have watched him. On many issues it is humorous and good television. But, his animus for the current liberal establishment has led him to oppose the West's efforts to assist Ukraine. Whether he is consciously pro-Kremlin or not, I have no idea. I will simply say that he is portrayed as something of a hero by the state-sponsored Russian "news" broadcasts. You can find plenty of those with a bit of effort over on Reddit, YouTube, and X.

My grievance with the current administration is that we have not done enough, and what we have done has been too little and far too slow. If it was wise to provide Ukraine with leopard tanks six-months ago, why didn't we do it 18-months ago? If it was wise to give Ukraine 30 M1-A1 tanks, why don't we provide them with 300? We have made this a long war by being overly cautious in our support. If anything was needless it was that policy and the lives lost because of it.

I love the sound of F-16 afterburners in the morning .
What I wouldn't give for a ride in one of those bad boys.....a 2 seater of course...lol

It is apparently another of these UAIN sites that generate thousands of AI written articles to create the impression of a legitimate news service in order to attract automatic advertising from large businesses. A program like ChatGPT is given a set of names, a subject such as secret yachts (using perhaps actual names of actual boats), and a price, and the program does the rest. The stilted language of the article is a giveaway, though that tech sadly is improving daily.

A right wing site in the US then picks up the made-up story which fits neatly into the confirmation bias of its readership. Just a quick google search and I have already found three sites running with virtually the exact verbiage from the AI generated article.

Over 30 years as a Teacher/Coach in Texas we were always encouraged to develop “Critical Thinking Skills“ in the students. Friday night on the football field provide ample opportunities to practice critical thinking. In the classroom teaching cell respiration, it became more of a challenge.

(To the Forum) As @Red Leg has stated above we need to keep developing our critical thinking skills as we engage through social media and AI technology. I hope you find this video useful.

Gaza Armory… sheesh… obviously a faked image! Too organized, too shiny, too clean. Every legit pic of a weapons cache from that part of the world I’ve seen has no resemblance to that. The presumed legit pic I saw of weapons found at hospital show various catch as catch can assortment. Layed out on floor for photo inventory purposes as would be expected. Everything in room covered in dust and debris from breaching explosives used to open up room or tunnel.

I have never understood the "needless war" argument. I assume it is somehow tied to the presumption that the war would never have started had Trump been president? Perhaps, but he wasn't and he isn't.

Ukraine carried out a popular bloodless revolution ten-years ago in order to build its future as a member of Western Europe. In February 2022 Putin sought to crush those aspirations with military force as his predecessors had done in Czechoslovakia in 1968 and Hungary in 1956. Unlike those two countries, Ukrainians responded like our forefathers in 1775 vowing to sell their lives dearly for their right of self-determination as a people. You would be hard pressed to find a Ukrainian who calls this war needless.

To carry the parallel a bit farther, that revolution of 1775 would almost certainly have ended in defeat without the intervention of France in the conflict. By 1778, American units were armed almost exclusively with French weapons, and Cornwallis only surrendered at Yorktown in 1781 because he was trapped ashore by a French fleet and because the roughly 6500 American troops, of which only 2500 were Continentals, were ably supported by 4000 French regulars.

Finally, I like to think of myself as a strong "America first" patriot. To my mind, that means defending our national interests wherever they are threatened - not just, for instance, the border with Mexico. I again ask, as I have several times here, in what world is supporting, even enabling, Russian strategic objectives in Europe in the interests of the United States? How would our national interests be secured or our security enhanced by allowing, much less abetting, Russian resurgence as a dominant Eurasian power closely allied to China?

Tucker has a narrative to sell. Exaggeration has been one of his techniques for as long as I have watched him. On many issues it is humorous and good television. But, his animus for the current liberal establishment has led him to oppose the West's efforts to assist Ukraine. Whether he is consciously pro-Kremlin or not, I have no idea. I will simply say that he is portrayed as something of a hero by the state-sponsored Russian "news" broadcasts. You can find plenty of those with a bit of effort over on Reddit, YouTube, and X.

My grievance with the current administration is that we have not done enough, and what we have done has been too little and far too slow. If it was wise to provide Ukraine with leopard tanks six-months ago, why didn't we do it 18-months ago? If it was wise to give Ukraine 30 M1-A1 tanks, why don't we provide them with 300? We have made this a long war by being overly cautious in our support. If anything was needless it was that policy and the lives lost because of it.
And where or where are the promised F16s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShariStret

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!