Pole Barn Trophy Room

Awesome @K-man ! Thanks for sharing!

You are doing great to get a post and beam building that size for that price!

I thought the same thing! Great price for sure!
Yes but it helps if you do almost all the work. I subbed out the HVAC electrical and plumbing but did all the rest myself.

Yes but it helps if you do almost all the work. I subbed out the HVAC electrical and plumbing but did all the rest myself.

Impressive! I’d like to do the same, but time is not on my side. So, going to have the shell of the building built by a contractor and I will do all the interior work to finish it out. Will save money, too.

I figured you must have. It's a structure of beauty for sure. Love the post and beams. Must have taken a while...

Yes the inner door is a triple folding door 8 foot tall and 9 foot wide that opens fully. Handy for large groups or for that REALLY BIG trophy (hint-elephant ) I have moved trophies in before with my forklift or backed up a trailer into the room.
The exterior doors keep the building incognito and secure without too much sun/wind/rain getting on that large glass.

I saw a place that I liked that did something similar...........glass windows and door behind the double barn doors.

upload_2020-6-11_9-58-15.png

I saw a place that I liked that did something similar...........glass windows and door behind the double barn doors.

View attachment 353093
I considered that style, that's also nice and would have been less expensive with the smaller doors but it doesn't let you move anything wider than 6 feet in. I very seldom need to open all three but it's sure nice when you want to.

I built a 60x40 with 14 foot walls and have been very happy with it. It is just one big room since I use it for working and storing UTVs as well as trophies. The walls are 3/4 inch plywood. It really makes hanging trophies easy. I decided on fiberglass insulation instead of sprayed foam because of the higher fire resistance with fiberglass. AC and heat is with 2 Mitsubishi split units. They work great and are very efficient. An alarm system with cameras gives you peace of mind.
I'm looking to do something very similar... For the interior walls did you attach the plywood directly to the metal studs, or did you have to do any additional reinforcements to handle the load? Do you have any photos you could share, as well?

Nice work! We didn't have room to build a larger pole barn on our lot so just added a 11x31 room to the house and it has a mini split that takes care of HVAC requirements.

I really like your post and beam construction, the interior is very tastefully done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg