Pole Barn Trophy Room

russ_c

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone built one? Looking for ideas and pictures if anyone has any. Searched online and didn’t find any. If someone has posted it here, I’ve completely missed it.

Thought about building a 40x30 with 14’ walls.

Totally Awesome Taxidermy in Missouri has one. It is outstanding!

Thanks. Will check them out online!

Not a bad option if you ask me. It keeps your costs down and provides a lot of room for storage.

I thought of doing this with my pole barn. I'm leaning more towards a metal building. Would be nice if my wife and I could get our hobbies out of the house.

@tedthorn (and others) Let's see some pics!!

My room is a 30x40 metal building.

Finished in rusty tin and barn wood

What kind of unit did you use to air condition the building? Spray foam insulation? Pics would be great if you don’t mind providing.

I have been studying this concept for some time as it seems to be the most economical. A metal building on a concrete slab runs about $25 psf in Central Texas. I would definitely consider spray foam insulation as it will greatly reduce the energy consumption as you will want to keep temps and humidity levels as consistent as possible. For HVAC, a commercial package unit or two depending on the size of the building. From my calculations, you can be all in a finished building with a bedrrom or two, bathroom and wet bar for about $52 psf. That is pretty basic but nice - sheetrock walls, stained concrete floors, basic hardwood cabinetry, LED light cans.

Totally Awesome Taxidermy in Missouri has one. It is outstanding!
Yep his is an all metal construction probably 60x80 and very impressive inside. About 4800 square feet of floor space.

another taxidermy buddy of mine and I have discussed this for 15+ yrs. We have both decided that concrete/cinder block construction with metal roof would be our choice to eliminate as much fire potential as possible. We are both deathly afraid to lose our entire collections in a fire. That being said, I'm still 5 yrs away from seriously getting started with anything.

I'm looking to move and have been researching this as well. It seems like a good option if you don't have the space inside the home.

Only big negative is a barn is MUCH more likely to get broken into. When the thieves discover taxidermy and trinkets instead of tools and equipment, the big question is whether they will leave or grab what they can

I built a 60x40 with 14 foot walls and have been very happy with it. It is just one big room since I use it for working and storing UTVs as well as trophies. The walls are 3/4 inch plywood. It really makes hanging trophies easy. I decided on fiberglass insulation instead of sprayed foam because of the higher fire resistance with fiberglass. AC and heat is with 2 Mitsubishi split units. They work great and are very efficient. An alarm system with cameras gives you peace of mind.

currently putting finishing touches on my showroom/trophy room. Here in wv i priced a basic metal pole barn structure with a concrete slab. After the additional inner framing and other tweaking ( a lot of options are lacking here) it was ultimately cheaper here to go with block and framing. Its 24 x 48n with a 18 foot peak.

I built a 60x40 with 14 foot walls and have been very happy with it. It is just one big room since I use it for working and storing UTVs as well as trophies. The walls are 3/4 inch plywood. It really makes hanging trophies easy. I decided on fiberglass insulation instead of sprayed foam because of the higher fire resistance with fiberglass. AC and heat is with 2 Mitsubishi split units. They work great and are very efficient. An alarm system with cameras gives you peace of mind.

Would love to see some detailed pics, including your a/c systems!

Only big negative is a barn is MUCH more likely to get broken into. When the thieves discover taxidermy and trinkets instead of tools and equipment, the big question is whether they will leave or grab what they can
Or they may just vandalize your trophies! :mad:
An alarm system with cameras gives you peace of mind.
In Canada it seems like that's hardly even a deterrent. Our "justice" system isn't that harsh on this type of criminal and that's why it's often referred to as the revolving door policy.

i second the mini split units, i had 2 installed as well. Great efficient creations.

Or they may just vandalize your trophies! :mad:

In Canada it seems like that's hardly even a deterrent. Our "justice" system isn't that harsh on this type of criminal and that's why it's often referred to as the revolving door policy.

Soon to be many American cities....

i second the mini split units, i had 2 installed as well. Great efficient creations.

How well does it cool the building? You said two? What size? Study I performed said two 7,300BTU/hr cooling units would work for a 30x40 space with 14’ walls and vaulted ceiling. I would prob buy bigger because “why the hell not”...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatildaGra

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.