Piper Rifles .500J

Congratulations , you have a beautiful rifle , I wish you many happy hunts with it ! ( I am envious )
 
Awesome rifle. Congratulations.
Can you tell us about the magazine work/ capacity, follower modifications, weight?

Thats a helluva recoil pad, and a good idea.
I wanted to enjoy shooting it, plus I have such a long length of pull it works. My gunsmith shot it quite a bit and said it really tames it. Was quite surprised actually. I’ll give a report on it when I get to shoot it.
 
Perfection in a rifle. How many cartridges can the magazine hold ? 3+1 ?
 
Awesome rifle. Congratulations.
Can you tell us about the magazine work/ capacity, follower modifications, weight?

Thats a helluva recoil pad, and a good idea.
9.5 lbs. 3 down but it’s tight, Piper modified the follower from the Blackburn 505 Gibbs follower, I can’t remember which Blackburn bottom metal, I think it was the 500j!
 
9.5 lbs. 3 down but it’s tight, Piper modified the follower from the Blackburn 505 Gibbs follower, I can’t remember which Blackburn bottom metal, I think it was the 500j!
Please post a range report when you get the rifle in your hands.

I’ve been fascinated by August Schulers 12.7x70 biggest cartridge in the M98, since reading about the.500 Jeffery in John Taylor’s “African Rifles and Cartridges “.
The apex of gunmakers.
 
Very nice rifle. Your smith did a great job. That matrix barrel is a thing of beauty. hope it shoots as well as it looks.
 
A work of art and tool of beauty. But I have to ask, what’s the LOP and thought behind the recoil pad?
 
This rifle is absolutely mind blowing. Ben, at Piper rifles went above and beyond and did phenomenal work! I literally don’t know how it could get any better. I’ll have a range report today!
 
Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship! What a work of art you have in a functional working DG Rifl!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,400
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top