www.spearsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, PHASA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
So many families come on a Hunting trip and forget to see some of the animals in a different way, or go to the Kruger National park and see the game in a way ordinary tourists see them.

We converted our Old Hunting camp, Marula camp, situated on the very well known Thornybush Private Nature Reserve into a fully fledged, and exclusive Photo safaris camp. You will be the only people in camp, making it a hunter friendly environment.

Thornybush is an open system property, meaning that there are no fences between ourselves and the Kruger National park. The biggest advantage here is that you may drive off road in order to approach game closer or you can follow up on foot. If I am your guide, depending on dates, we can do it in a hunting simulating manner, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino, Lion etc. if you want.

It is a Must for anyone coming to South Africa and want a "wilder" experience.

I attach a few pictures of the camp.

IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3029.jpg
IMG_3030.JPG
IMG_3032.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG
IMG_3036.JPG
IMG_3037.JPG
IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3039.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG
IMG_3041.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some Photos I took on a recent getaway to our Photo camp in Thornybush. This is an amazing area to add on to your Hunting trip, Bring your family the camp is great. Your group is alone in Camp, you do not share with a bunch of Bunny huggers or tourists. You are guided by a Professional hunter, and can get close to animals where you can chat about shot placement or just look at and discuss trophy quality.
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_9930.jpg
IMG_9953.jpg
IMG_9962.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_9985.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

Now that sounds fun and lilke a great time for kids and adults. You could stalk something you could otherwise not afford.

This can be a great way to "practice" for a Future Big game hunt. While on the Photo trip, with your family, you will encounter many Elephant, Rhino etc. We get off the Game viewing vehicle and make some approaches, as if we gonna hunt. Once in position we discuss shot placement, Trophy judgement etc. This will make your eventual Elephant hunt so much more enjoyable and successful.
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1017.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea and great pictures.

This is a nice addition to a safari, after our safari in 2013 we went to Kruger for 4 days and after 2018 safari we went to Madekwe for 3 days and enjoyed ourselves allot.

Hope you guys enjoy, a few more Photos from last week on our Thornybush area. The Wildlife viewing experience is just phenomenal at the moment.

IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg

Excellent photos! Thanks!

A fun and affordable way to “take” the big five-I like it! Wife friendly style “hunting” trip

Great photos Ernest

What would say are the odds of a decent photo opportunity on lion and leopard on say a 2 day stay?

What would say are the odds of a decent photo opportunity on lion and leopard on say a 2 day stay?
The chances are extremely good, i'd say 85% or more depending on when you come. The last 4 groups I had we saw all of the big 5 in 3 nights stays. With the Lion and Leopard Photo opportunities very good.
I hope this helps.

Damn! Beautiful pictures from your area, Ernest. I hope to see you in 2021 or 2022.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,