Partitions vs Accubonds

quackaslaya

Reaction score
Hunted
US, Canada
I am headed to South Africa next year to hunt for plains game. We will be hunting impala, blesbok, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, zebra and who knows what else. My favorite rifle is a 280 remington that I have taken many deer ( mostly mule deer) and two moose. I will be working up some loads for Africa and would like to shoot 160 grain either Nolser Partitions or Accubonds and I would appreciate feedback on performance others may have experienced. I like partitions but the tips always get buggered up if you carry them around very long.

I used 160 gr Accubonds in my 7mm Rem mag on one trip to South Africa. They performed very well on all of the game that I shot. I have also used this combination on elk, caribou, and musk ox here in North America.

I used to shoot 180 gr Partitions in my .30 Gibbs for elk and moose. They also worked very well, but like you mentioned, the tips get buggered up, especially the ones in the rifles magazine after you fire the first shot.

My advise would be to use the bullet that performs best in your rifle. Good hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross