Packing List

Jonathan Field

Reaction score
Member of
BASC
Hi All

In 9 days I am departing the UK for SA for my first dangerous game safari. I was wondering if any of you experienced Africa hunters had a packing list that may help me?

Regards

Jon

Jonathan,

Welcome to AH! I wish you all the best on your safari, what area are you going to? The best advice I can give you is pack light as your clothes will be washed daily in most cases. Make sure you have any/all meds you need, your passport, your cameras/phone/computer/tablet. Maybe a plug adaptor, earplugs, binos. Other than that cant think of anything major. Best of luck

To make it simple, on my hunt last year I packed a change of clothes into my carry on and wore my hiking boots. I also took all my meds, and cameras in the carry on. That way if my luggage did do a disappearing act I would still be able to hunt with the PH's rifle.

Without looking at the links I will also say to pack light unless you plan on a touring trip after your hunt

just dont over complicate it by taking too much crap you will never use or need :) and remember its cooling down at night and will only get colder , so mornings and evenings on the vehicle arent fun if you are freezing. :Cold::Coldfeet:

Jonathan,

Welcome to AH! I wish you all the best on your safari, what area are you going to? The best advice I can give you is pack light as your clothes will be washed daily in most cases. Make sure you have any/all meds you need, your passport, your cameras/phone/computer/tablet. Maybe a plug adaptor, earplugs, binos. Other than that cant think of anything major. Best of luck

Hi Reedy

I am hunting the Eastern Cape, Bushveld area. Can't wait...

Best of luck, I am also leaving in 9 days heading for the NW province! Going for buffalo and plains game, can't wait!!!

Pack a jacket, as mentioned it does get cold.

Bring half the amount of clothes you think you'll need (laundry is done daily) and twice the amount of money you think you'll need. :)

Welcome to AH sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!