Packing and Re-Packing

I usually have my luggage open in my bedroom for a couple weeks beforehand. My wife does not like it but oh well! I toss stuff in there and look at my list many times. The list is a must. I've found it good to look at as many packing lists as you can find. You never know when you'll find a tip from someone. I use those zip lock bags for clothes that you can squeeze the air out of and regular zip locks as well. I just keep tossing stuff in there from the lists and then a couple days before hand actually pack it just once and I'm done.
Yes like most veterans I've learned to pack light for Africa. I do make sure to take a variety of medicines for allergies etc. I always take melatonin to help me sleep and get over jet lag. I am not a gear guy either just gun, binos, and a camera.
Great discussion!
Regards,
Philip
 
I would say I am an anal list-maker/packer-repacker when going on a backpack hunt, because we all know how critical every ounce is, and how critical every piece of gear/clothing that makes the list is.

I can honestly say I have not made a single list for this trip that starts next week.

I did do a trial run of packing the rifle and clothes in the Tuff-Pack, but that was because I have never used a Tuff-Pack and wanted to see how it would work out.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,674
Members
170,099
Latest member
KatieVassa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top