Packing and Re-Packing

I usually have my luggage open in my bedroom for a couple weeks beforehand. My wife does not like it but oh well! I toss stuff in there and look at my list many times. The list is a must. I've found it good to look at as many packing lists as you can find. You never know when you'll find a tip from someone. I use those zip lock bags for clothes that you can squeeze the air out of and regular zip locks as well. I just keep tossing stuff in there from the lists and then a couple days before hand actually pack it just once and I'm done.
Yes like most veterans I've learned to pack light for Africa. I do make sure to take a variety of medicines for allergies etc. I always take melatonin to help me sleep and get over jet lag. I am not a gear guy either just gun, binos, and a camera.
Great discussion!
Regards,
Philip

I would say I am an anal list-maker/packer-repacker when going on a backpack hunt, because we all know how critical every ounce is, and how critical every piece of gear/clothing that makes the list is.

I can honestly say I have not made a single list for this trip that starts next week.

I did do a trial run of packing the rifle and clothes in the Tuff-Pack, but that was because I have never used a Tuff-Pack and wanted to see how it would work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg