P14-M17 Sporter stock

yumastepside

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
197
Reaction score
553
Location
Australia
Media
4
Member of
ssaa
I'm building a 416 Taylor on an M17 action and re-stocking my 9.3 P14 so I'm looking for some inspiration for my stock designs ......so how about some pics of your 14's/17's. Doesn't matter what calibre, I'm looking for shape ideas, one has the dogleg floorplate and the other one straightened.

Roger
 
......also, those of you with a 416 Taylor, what weight rifle do you find comfortable to shoot ??

Roger
 
Hatcher Rifle Stocks already does P14 stocks. Cam moved his business to Qld. If you're up that way you might want to have a chat to him. Note: he only does a machined stock, final fitting/finishing needs to be organised by the customer.

In terms of dogleg vs straightened, I'd be chasing maximizing capacity. An extra round might make the difference if things go pair shaped.
 
This is my .505 SRE, which duplicates the performance of a .500 NE with a 570 grain bullet at 2100 fps. It weighs 8 3/4 pounds and thanks to the stock design, I found it comfortable to shoot. It was built around a P14 Enfield action, altered as shown in the photos.
I'm not sure (I had it made over 50 years ago), but I think it was the product of the Fajan Custom Shop. I took my first elephant with it in the fall of 1971. I was about the same size then as I am now: 5'8"/155 lbs.
.505 SRE.jpg

Africa 1971 003.png
 
C806952F-2E2F-4E3E-B145-7D3028D6A6F4.jpeg

3ABD186D-4817-420B-BB18-7F23389592D0.jpeg
41F0910F-BAAF-49D4-BF3D-DEC05DF51641.jpeg
FC450A63-FC7E-4C35-A83C-940D15EB1C2D.jpeg
 
I tried to resist. Just weak, I suppose.
 
What the British can do with a P14. This one is a Cogswell & Harrison in 318 Westley Richards.

WR 318 Cogswell & Harrison
 
I have a BSA (commercial?) 1917 sporter in 30/06. It is very similar to a Remington 30 in that it doesn’t have the sight ears on the receiver.
They were quite popular in Canada years ago.
Does anyone know whether the 1917 stocks will fit??
I would like to re-stock mine and have it bored to 9.3x62 or 35 Whalen.
Thanks.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,805
Members
170,176
Latest member
WilbertYqx
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top