Overpriced Reloading Components?

I’m in the same dilemma...I have pistol primers and a surplus of large rifle primers...I don’t have any large rifle magnum primers though...looks like it will be a long wait. Wish I could find someone in the Arkansas area to trade a few with so I can get my 250 grain bullets loaded for the 375. I do have enough of the 300 grain factory loads to use for the meantime lol.

I’m in the same dilemma...I have pistol primers and a surplus of large rifle primers...I don’t have any large rifle magnum primers though...looks like it will be a long wait. Wish I could find someone in the Arkansas area to trade a few with so I can get my 250 grain bullets loaded for the 375. I do have enough of the 300 grain factory loads to use for the meantime lol.

CCI #34 primers will work in place of Magnums if you can find em.

OK, I’ll inventory spare powder and post a list. I’ve got a bunch I don’t use. I’m not sure about shipping but I’ll look into it. There’s a couple I need if anyone can help me out. RL-17 is at the top of the list.

More here than I’ll ever use left over from when Clinton was going to make the manufacturer’s build primers that were only good for 3 years. . I bet there are plenty of grey hairs here that bought that bullshit as much as I did.

Don’t buy into the hysteria. Our International friends have got to be saying “wtf”!

Warning:
Individuals can not ship random hazmat packages.You need a special license issued by UPS or FedEx to ship hazmat.
Dedicated area for packaging and personnel trained in all prescribed protocols.
UPS and Fedex by ground service only, not allowed on air transport.

And as @deepwater stated, you need training and certification, specific packaging requirements to be compliant and not end up in serious trouble.
I'd hate to see anyone here have that happen to them.
I used to be certified for hazardous shipping by air, mostly compressed gas cylinders but also environmental samples. Unfortunately I had a visit from an FAA official once on a shipment I had made that wasn't 100% compiant. I wouldn't want to repeat that meeting today.
Meeting someplace for a face to face is your safest bet.

Can’t legally send anything explosive by mail-big posters in the lobby to remind you. Maybe I do it anyway, hard to recall. . .
Here is an example of a guy on local classified sales site you will probably hate.
2C89E722-56BC-413C-B1F6-1A78FD0E8BA2.jpeg

I remember when I was huckstering tomatoes around the neighborhood and I asked my father what to charge. He said "Whatever the market will bear". Presently, the reloading component market is bearing a lot. :cool:

I remember when I was huckstering tomatoes around the neighborhood and I asked my father what to charge. He said "Whatever the market will bear". Presently, the reloading component market is bearing a lot. :cool:

I suppose "gouging" is the price at which something has no value to the potential buyer. ;)

I’ll say it again, I’ve got extra powder that I will sell at a fair price if anyone wants to drive to Bama.

I’ll say it again, I’ve got extra powder that I will sell at a fair price if anyone wants to drive to Bama.

1611612076638.png

before i retired i worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day for some times half the year and was making 2500.00 USD a week and as the banks were not paying much interest i bought shooting supplies and firearms and rat holed the rest of my pay, my bills were less that 1200.00 a month at that time. i never fell into the trap of keeping up with the jones. so today i,m setting pretty with supplies and firearms.

Powder, primer and bullets are becoming available. One just needs to have every site set up to notify by email when in stock. Then you have x seconds to order.
e-excited.gif

Powder, primer and bullets are becoming available. One just needs to have every site set up to notify by email when in stock. Then you have x seconds to order. View attachment 385819
I tried that once and every time that I got the email I would check and find out that the items were out of stock again.

I started to check the catalogs three or four times a day and finally saw what I wanted back in stock, I quickly bought it. I still hadn't received a email yet. A few hours later I got the email that it was back in stock, I quickly went to the website to check. Yep, it was again out of stock. I had gotten that email while I was online and it only took seconds to get onto the website to check.

There have also business that have never notified me that what I was looking for was back in stock.

I believe small amounts of primer and powder and ammo can be shipped UPS without declaring a hazmat or all that other stuff about training. Its up to each to figure it out, I am not a lawyer, but I am fairly certain there is an exemption for small amounts.
Ya gotta read the fine print.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg