on a lighter note...

I may admit to having some wood in the basement from the 1980s....

1653148253245.png
 
@Jörg Krüger
I will stick with my Whelen.
The recoil of that necked to 35 in an 8# rifle would be horrendous and barrel life would be to short. Get it sighted in and work up a load, get a new barrel even before you have shot any game.
Bob
I read of a ELR rifle in a 375 caliber, maybe Chey-Tec, with a 60 inch barrel that he said had an 80 round barrel life. Not sure how many rounds are fired at a 2.2 mile match but doubt 80 rounds would do very many matches. But, on the other hand, it is not a poor man's game anyway. No local hardware ammo for those boys. :)
 
I read of a ELR rifle in a 375 caliber, maybe Chey-Tec, with a 60 inch barrel that he said had an 80 round barrel life. Not sure how many rounds are fired at a 2.2 mile match but doubt 80 rounds would do very many matches. But, on the other hand, it is not a poor man's game anyway. No local hardware ammo for those boys. :)
I need one of those…
 
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone’s relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts. However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird’s beaks and claws.

By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

He very quickly concluded the cause: When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout “Cah”, not a single one could shout “Truck.”
 
I may admit to having some wood in the basement from the 1980s....

View attachment 467323
LOL, I took the wood I had in my basement when I moved 19 years ago and put int in the barn at my new place. It’s still there and there’s even more now, but you never know.
 
1653163395405.png
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,210
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top