on a lighter note...

Screenshot_20220218-204619_WhatsApp.jpg
 
A long time ago, 10-15 years ago, I often visited such a forum - huntamerica (now, alas, disappeared along with the archives). Here, in my opinion, there are more Southerners, and there were people from all over America, and the guys there wrote that Americans, on the Great Lakes, also go swimming in winter. I personally do not find pleasure in this, there have been cases when I fell through the ice in the marshes in winter, and even in the spring I turned over on a kayak during the spring flood - but not for pleasure. This year I was amazed to find out that my daughter-in-law goes swimming in winter, and I've known her for more than 10 years. These are the "skeletons in the closet".
Yes, at most events I know of here around the Great Lakes it's called the "The Polar Plunge". Usually set up at winter celebrations and such. Many times for a benefit of some kind. "Plungers" solicit for pledges based on minutes in the water. So for example. if someone were to pledge $25 per minute and and the "plunger" could stay in the water for 2 minutes (a long time), the benefit recipient would receive $50. My wife did it once with some of her crazy friends while I and the rest of the sane population watched. Beer was freezing in my glove. The temperature was -22 Fahrenheit that day. Most didn't last 15 seconds.

However, my wife and her group raised $650 dollars for their benefit.

Personally, I would have given $1000 NOT to get in the water. I've gotten wet enough while setting traplines in the winter to know better.
 
Definitely not a nice feeling at -30

Sure isn’t, hypothermia happens amazingly fast. The worst thing is, your brain slows down and judgement is out the window. Hopefully you have friends around who recognize the problem and know what to do.
 
Sure isn’t, hypothermia happens amazingly fast. The worst thing is, your brain slows down and judgement is out the window. Hopefully you have friends around who recognize the problem and know what to do.
Okay. Now let's apply some Mathematics to this situation.
Hypothermia is a negative situation. Alcohol causes the brain to slowdown and judgment is out the window also. That makes to negatives, Right? Two negatives added together make a positive.
IE: double loss of judgement can be a lot of fun.
 
Sure isn’t, hypothermia happens amazingly fast. The worst thing is, your brain slows down and judgement is out the window. Hopefully you have friends around who recognize the problem and know what to do.
My best friend would know exactly what to do…..and I’d wake up with a large tattoo in a highly visible location.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,041
Members
169,482
Latest member
OlaCounts
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top